Skip to content

Whats the best Thief kit...

2»

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You can also set traps within sight of enemies in PnP, and if you're hidden it works pretty well.

More importantly, I'm not sure I'd use PnP as a general barometer of cheesiness. I've spent my fair share of time on both sides of the DM screen, and if there's one thing I know from experience, it's that some players will warp the PnP game more than I've ever seen anyone warp Baldur's Gate. Pun-Pun is the ultimate example of this (although that's from a later edition, I'll grant).
    Gotural
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited May 2015
    All the thief kits are good for different reasons, the shadowdancer and assassin for power gaming mirco management. The swashy for those lazy playthroughs where you just can't be bothered to think let alone mirco manage backstabs and tonnes of different invis items.
    But the most underrated thief class of all is probably my favorite at the moment, that of course being the bounty hunter.
    Come on special traps you can throw,
    bountys are really good at breaking up large numbers of enemies and it's also a hell of alot of fun to start a fight from the shadows,
    by just throwing a trap into the fog of war.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
    GoturalSouthpaw