Skip to content

Keep first party?

I still have the first 5 people in my party still. I plan to keep Imoen for sure. I have Khalid and Jaheira whom I found at the Friendly arm inn. I don't mind keeping them. Then, I have Montaron and Xzar. I thought they'd maybe leave after I cleared the mines, but I still have them. Should I keep these original 6 or should I get rid of Montaron and/or Xzar?

Comments

• MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    What class is your PC?
    joluv
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    There isn't really an answer for what you "should" do; there are plenty of viable party options. Xzar and Montaron will leave if your reputation gets too high, which will probably happen your main character is a do-gooder.
  • AstralusAstralus Member Posts: 23
    Mhamza said:

What class is your PC?

I'm a fighter.

joluv said:

There isn't really an answer for what you "should" do; there are plenty of viable party options. Xzar and Montaron will leave if your reputation gets too high, which will probably happen your main character is a do-gooder.

But you don't need them for any specific quest or task?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    To be honest, that's a solid party if you can keep it together. Because Monty is a F/T, he gets better chances to hit than most rogues do/would. Probably best to make him focus on stealth skills for that. Mages are mages; give him spells you like and wands that help.

I used to horde wands. Recommendation is to use wands. Wand of fire made some tough fights into near cake-walks as we blasted most of them to bits, and cleaned up with boots of butt-kicking and axes of goodness!

I don't think you can go wrong with the party make up, provided you have a Tank, a Healer, a Mage and a Rogue (traps would otherwise be the death of you (or you use spells to take care of this, too)).
    JuliusBorisov
    Yeah I just figured I had 2 fighters already and should switch it up. Cause Imoen is a thief already and I planned to keep Xzar. But you are right though is it a good party.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    You're allowed 6 characters, so it's fine to have 2 fighters. They hit a lot more often, too, which is great. Khalid's a beast with a long sword and he improves with additional proficiency points there. He also slays with bows.

I have more luck with Imoen and bows (DEX helps bows, not short swords), so I keep her ranged and not back-stabbing. Monty hits better than Imoen, so he's a back-stabbing fiend in a while.
    Astralus
    And I use an axe :smiley:
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Keep the party as is. You may enjoy the outcome.
    AstralusTuthJuliusBorisov
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I hope you PC has high charisma or those four might get a bit ugly.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

I hope you PC has high charisma or those four might get a bit ugly.

Might that be why I never see arguments getting to fisticuffs in my party? I never play a Charname with low charisma, as (s)he is supposed to be the leader who glues all of them together, I couldn't stand a low-cha Charname, but (because of that?) I've also never seen fights break out.

Alexisisinneed
    I'm a human fighter with strength, dexterity, and constitution all 18. I have 8 intelligence 8 wisdom and 10 charisma. I don't really care if anyone leaves on their own. That would be a good thing I'd say. They already argue about being too good or too bad lol.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Astralus said:

I'm a human fighter with strength, dexterity, and constitution all 18. I have 8 intelligence 8 wisdom and 10 charisma. I don't really care if anyone leaves on their own. That would be a good thing I'd say. They already argue about being too good or too bad lol.

Eventually the two groups will break out into a fight. You could ether reload and maybe it wont happen or pick a side.
    Astralus
    actually that did happen once. I was confused and thought maybe someone cast a spell so I reloaded it. haha