Skip to content

Android version didn't work out so I'm thinking of getting the steam versions.

But I have a question. At the moment I have a really crappy integrated video card. It runs BG 1 and 2 from GOG no problem and I assumed it would run the enhanced editions no problem but I'm not willing to plop down 40 dollars to find out and have it not work again. So My Graphics card is (Please don't laugh I can't afford to replace it right now) an Intel(R) G33/G31Express Chipset Family. Will I be able to play these enhanced editions or am I barking up the wrong tree? -_-

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    These games seem to run pretty well even on toasters...I'd imagine as long as you have enough ram you'll be fine. BG2EE was running on my Mac with a mere 1GB ram. I don't think the requirements are really much higher than the originals.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Steam has a feature that will auto detect your system specs so you can compare to the requirements.
  • DanterDanter Member Posts: 45
    I see, I just see a lot of people were having problems with Intel chipsets so I thought I would ask before I bought the games.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I have no problem with mine either, I think it was just the original build of BG:EE that had the problem. don't quote me on that though.
    Do you guys know how I can check within Steam with that feature? That would be really handy.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    on the main page of the Steam application click on the help tab at the top left, then choose System Information. It will open a pop-up window and gather your info right up.
    As far as th Intel chipsets, they had all kinds of problems with those early on, but I believe that stuff has been all fixed up now. Good luck with it!
    Hmm says mine only supports open GL 1.4somthing and it needs Open GL 2 >.<