Skip to content

Sarevok Charmed

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
Soooo, just finished another run through and it seems that my summoned nymph managed to land a charm. As hilarious as it was to watch Sarevok chunk Angelo and Tazok then go down to a single crit from Jaheria, I thought his massive magic resist made most spells pretty useless against him. Has anyone else had this happen? Has it always been possible (if ridiculously unlikely) or could it be a small coding quirk for the EE edition? I've never even heard of anyone charming Sarevok.
*edit* If anyone has an crazy/amusing stories of their own Sarevok battles to share, please do. I'm sure there are some really amusing stories out there.
CaptRorybooinyoureyesproccoNonnahswriteratcDaveJuliusBorisovBlackravenSmilingSwordVakarian

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ah okay, I was pretty shocked because I have never been able to get anything that isn't magic missile to "stick" as it were. The squirrel thing does sound hilarious. Its crazy that I've been playing since the original came out and there are still new things to learn about it.
    Fiendish_Warrior
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Does he have any special dialogue if you charm him?
    sarevok57CaptRoryJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Grum said:

Does he have any special dialogue if you charm him?

Nope.
    CaptRoryJuliusBorisov
    Just a stock phrase when you click on him. Which, for the life of me I suddenly can't remember.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Still, the change from old Sarevok with 90 or 100% in all magic and elemental resistances from vanilla BG to a Sarevok with less MR and strong saves was a good move - extremely high MR for no good reason just limits player tactics during the encounter and seems like cheap design in general.
    BlackravenDreadKhanThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Solo shorty cleric kiting and slinging Sarevok to death was entertainingly absurd. David and Goliath! ...If Goliath needed 40 or 50 +2 sling stones to get dropped that is. Still, very satisfying finish.
    CaptRoryThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    Noon said:

I made Sarevok sleep during the fight, and beating him up to death didn't make him wake up. i reload my save because it was fun but not glorious. He has no magic resistance in EE btw, just good saves.

"Good saves" is an understatement; he needs to roll 1 on everything.

Nice beating, though. He probably didn't stand up out of shame. Getting kicked in the face by a 20 years old undesired sibling is not an easy thing to live with. Especially in the context of ascending.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • IronfistIronfist Member Posts: 4
    Not exactly. But on my last playthrough he got cought in the web trap together with senjaj. I didnt even get to thwart Tazok, he never showed. Pretty dissapointing finish.. Neera cast 3 or 4 magic missiles while charname and Kalid pounded him
    ThacoBell
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    That mage guy on Sarevok's Team once cast dispel magic and hit Sarevok, dispelling his haste spell.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
    @Calmar friendly fire is a beautiful thing sometimes.
    CalmarJuliusBorisov