Skip to content

what's up with the Beamdog thing on top of the forums now

smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
it kind of intrusive on the whole forums imho.
FinneousPJjackjackdunbarmeagloth[Deleted User]BelgarathMTHlunarJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Ad-block it
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Use the mobile site? Because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What is it?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited May 2015
    It looks like it's a new toolbar that should help tie all the Beamdog sites together for easy cross-navigation. I think it's supposed to enhance convenience.

However, in its current form, I don't much like it, because it's too big, and it's blocking my forum viewing area. Also, the font and colors in it don't match the forum font and colors, so it looks out of place.

@Jackjack, PC users have a huge new toolbar plastered across the top 1/8 or so of the screen that says:
    BEAMDOG.....Games.....Beamblog....Support........................Forums...............Account.

I was wondering when somebody would comment about it.
    jackjackNonnahswriter
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @jackjack it looks like this and it scrolls down the screen with you, so it's always there. It's rather to thick, and the font/style not matching is driving me crazy.
    BelgarathMTHNonnahswriterjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I was about to comment myself. I too find it intrusive, the font is just.....wrong, the drop downs (or whatever you call them) keeping popping up whenever I'm careless with my mouse and the fact that it overlays what you're actually looking at means that you have to scroll up every time you go to a new page.
    BelgarathMTH
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's fine but it's too big; as mentioned, blocks too much reading space. just trim it by 30-50%
    BelgarathMTH
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    bob_veng said:

it's fine but it's too big; as mentioned, blocks too much reading space. just trim it by 30-50%

Your are lucky.
    I don't see a top bar. I see a column on the left with the usual content shifted down.
    The browser also complains about the mix of encrypted and non encrypted content.
    Moreover the certificate is a * certificate covering vanillaforums.com subdomains and certainly not baldursgate.com but that's not new.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I just wish it had a minimize button to the right to shrink it out of view. Otherwise, I have no issue with it. Color/feel do not match the forum well in the standard color set, but it does match the one I use (black background, etc). *shrugs*
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'd love to ad block it or for it to minimize when it's not highlighted or something.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovthe_spyder
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I like it, although it's not as harmonious with the forum design as the old one IMO.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited May 2015
    the web page says beamdog, the url says baldursgate - but then there's also icewind dale...

it might be a bit confusing for someone who's just arrived

it was maybe a bit better when there was a bg logo on top
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

We will be transitioning to a new URL soon to help with the confusion. :smile:

Sneaky.
    jackjackCrevsDaakmeaglothJuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    elminster said:

Forum URL change :)

I won't lie, I already miss the old URL, but I admit the new one better encompasses current and future products.
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Dee said:

The text color was a little bright. I'm glad we changed it.

I thought it was the new stealth theme for browsing the forum while working?
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    jackjack said:

elminster said:

Forum URL change :)

I won't lie, I already miss the old URL, but I admit the new one better encompasses current and future products.
    I didn't even notice. At least now I know why I had to sign in again.
    jackjackSilverstarwubble
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I really liked that screenshot. It was very stylish. Can't we keep that design? :)
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Is anyone else having trouble signing in? I mean obviously I can do it, but I usually have to enter user ID and password, hit ENTER and then wait. THEN I have to hit refresh after about a minute otherwise I end up with a blank screen. I admit it might be the work proxy server, so just asking if anyone else is having this issue before raising it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @the_spyder Looks like your proxy is failing to refresh the page the first time.
    JuliusBorisov