Skip to content

For my Dad (The Grandpa to be)

WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
Hello everyone!! I come forth from the land of diapers and baby clothes to ask this benevolent community a question & a scenario that I would love some advice on.

My Dad is a soon to be grandpa with his first granddaughter (my daughter) this August. However this June will be Father's Day in the US and I have very special gift idea for him. My dad is a steelworker and has been for about 20 years now. He is also a Superman fan and so (I'm gonna drop a massive pun here) I want to have a 'Man of Steel / Grandpa / United Steel Workers logo' t-shirt designed for him. The pun being Superman is also known as the 'Man of Steel' & my dad works for the USW or United Steel Workers. So if I can get a t-shirt that says 'The Man of Steel: Grandpa' (with the 'S' in steel being a Superman's 'S' design) and the USW behind all of that I would be in heaven and drop the biggest pun in 2015.

However, I can't find a shirt that matches that description for obvious reasons. Is there a site (or place?) that does custom t-shirts? Please community, help me roll up my sleeves and do some interweb searching. Thanks.

DADS UNITE!!
lolienronaldobooinyoureyesMusignyCoryNewbcmk24CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovDungeonnoob

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Being in Europe i can't help directly, but i'm sure that there are such places. I favour the idea!

Your location would be a big help.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited May 2015
    Wiggles said:

Is there a site (or place?) that does custom t-shirts? Please community, help me roll up my sleeves and do some interweb searching. Thanks.

@Wiggles Any shop in your area that does screenprinting on T-Shirts etc. would be able to do a custom shirt for you. Just look up "screenprinting" in the yellow pages or do a search online. If you live in a decent sized area, there's bound to be several places that will do that kind of work. Organizations like sports teams, school clubs etc. need custom shirts made, so there's always going to be a certain demand for that type of business locally. It won't be cheap to do a single shirt though, you're probably going to be looking at about $100 just for the one. I know all this because that's what I do for a living, I'm a screenprinter.

lolienCrevsDaakelminsterJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @PhillipDaigle should know such a site: after all, they've made their BGEE T-shirts somewhere:)
    lolienCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    You could buy a shirt and do it yourself, too. There are a bunch of ways to color fabric. You could buy fabric markers, (maybe) dye it, and I've also seen a method where you remove color from a shirt with bleach like making wood cut prints.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2015
    I also came up with this after a quick google search. http://www.customink.com/lab
    Edit: it's awesome that your dad is a steelworker. My grandpa worked at a molybdenum plant for a long time(he's retired now) also, metalworking is an issue near and dear to my heart at the moment. http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/603555#Comment_603555
    DungeonnooblolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Found something here,not exactly superman logo but you can add Steelman 99 on the backside if you like it.
    http://shop.nhl.com/design_your_own?ab=bm_nhlcms_RR_042715
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak