Skip to content

Scar does not provide promised rewards

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited September 2012 in Fixed
There are a ton of issues in Scars dialog where he fails to give the player the appropriate reward.

--

Reworked SCAR.DLG so that the rewards given better match the dialog.

(Originally found and fixed in EasyTutu)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    His promised rewards are now better matched towards his dialogue.
    Well I have noticed one thing though. On the quest where he asks you to kill the doppelgangers and once accepted you talk to him directly again then your only option is to say "... I don't think I can kill them all..." then then the quest ends and he gives you 2000 gold. What If I wanted to do this quest? I think there should be another dialogue option along the lines of "I'm working on it..."

Same story with the following quest.
    edited September 2012
    @KeithS
    I see you added the request I mentioned above. That is a tiny part in the entire mess with his dialogue. I have went along and fixed various other stuff to make it a little more complete.
    It mostly contains the bugs @Avenger_teambg reported:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3947
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3656

* Some of your responses to Scar when he asks you to do a certain quest are "no" or "only if the money is good" Where is the "Yes" for good aligned players. That's been added.
    * As Avenger_teambg mentioned if you kill the dopplegangers before talking to Scar then you cannot inform him about Jhasso. Now when you tell him you killed the dopplegangers he will ask about Jhasso and you can respond if he is dead or not. There is also an option if he is alive but you never spoke to him.
    * Another one Avenger_teambg mentioned is if you solved Aldeth's problem with dopplegangers before the Seven Suns mission then you should recognise the type of monster and give an appropriate response instead of "the Seven Suns has been infiltrated by some sort of shapeshifter"

All the new dialogue is tagged as (placeholder). @Dave would need to look at it.

<<<<<<<< scar.d APPEND scar IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Doppelgangers SAY ~(Placeholder) Doppelgangers! They are a dangerous sort but you bring fantastic news that they have been slain. While I would have preferred this attack to have been officially sanctioned I understand that these things don’t always work out as they should. I suppose you may have already been lectured by Laola? Forgive her manor as she means well. Just following orders, you understand.~ IF ~~ THEN GOTO JhassoDialogue END END APPEND scar IF ~~ THEN BEGIN JhassoDialogue SAY ~(Placeholder) Did you happen to come across Jhasso? Is he alive?~ IF ~Dead("Jhasso")~ THEN REPLY ~(Placeholder) I am afraid not. We weren't able to save Jhasso.~ GOTO 17 IF ~!Dead("Jhasso")~ THEN REPLY ~(Placeholder) Alive and well. Jhasso is back in control of the business. ~ GOTO 16 IF ~!Dead("Jhasso")~ THEN REPLY ~(Placeholder) *Hmmm* I don't actually think I saw... Yes. He is.~ GOTO 16 END END >>>>>>>> COMPILE ~scar.d~ <<<<<<<< scar.d EXTEND_BOTTOM scar 2 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~(Placeholder) Yes, I'm interested.~ GOTO 4 END EXTEND_BOTTOM scar 10 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~(Placeholder) Yes, of course. I'll get to it.~ GOTO 12 END EXTEND_BOTTOM scar 8 IF ~GlobalLT("KilledDopple","GLOBAL",5) Global("CheckedSevenSuns","GLOBAL",2) GlobalGT("AldethDopple","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~(Placeholder) According to one of the merchants we met, the Seven Suns has been infiltrated by some sort of shapeshifter. The very same happened to the Merchants' League.~ GOTO 10 END ALTER_TRANS scar BEGIN 8 END BEGIN 2 END BEGIN "EPILOGUE" ~GOTO 42~ END ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER scar 8 ~GlobalLT("AldethDopple","GLOBAL",2) GlobalLT("KilledDopple","GLOBAL",5)~ DO 1 >>>>>>>> COMPILE ~scar.d~
    Post edited by Balquo on
    Avenger_teambgTanthalas
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Nice job, Balquo! Covering so many bases.
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    Well done. Again, I've made some small revisions to the new dialogue and passed them to Scott.
    Tanthalas
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    @Balquo Integrated
    Tanthalas
    @Dave there is still a placeholder in Scar's dialog!
    This one needs a quick fix.
    #26785 (Placeholder) Damn it! I knew there was someplace I was supposed to be.
    Other than that everything is confirmed fixed.
    Confirmed fixed. (Placeholder) is gone.

@AndreaColombo There are two spaces after the exclamation mark. Are we using one or two spaces?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Balquo - Definitely one space. Fixed.
    Yes, almost all placeholders are gone now, i updated the placeholder entry in the bugtracker too.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Ok, I'm assuming that means that any lingering issue already has its own report.