Skip to content

BG:EE Multiplayer Super-Team: ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE (PC)

tap_water_on_firetap_water_on_fire Member Posts: 28
edited May 2015 in Multiplayer
Sooo... I was hoping to play through BG:EE from the beginning with a motley band of well-intentioned cohorts* with the goal of eventually taking on BG2:EE together. My schedule is pretty unpredictable, but for now, my plan to game several times a week for a few hours in the late evening, Mountain Time (GMT -6); the exact details are flexible depending on what works best for everyone. As for playing with or without RP: that is negotiable. Any takers?

A little about me: I'm a casual player who is more of a "talk with everybody and explore the entire map before moving on, experience everything the game can offer so long as it agrees with my alignment" kind of person than a "build a perfect character with maximized stats and get through the game as efficiently as possible" gamer. Thus, my focus with this playthrough will be more on experiencing and enjoying the game's story with an eclectic group of individuals working together to the best of their ability. For this game, I intend to play a Half-Elf Druid Shapeshifter, though that may change depending on how our adventuring party balances... I'm a pretty easygoing person, so I'm willing to play what's needed (I have three other back-ups from different classes that I'm equally eager to play).

Game-wise, I've only beat what I estimate is about 90% of BG:EE: my first playthrough as a child with the original Baldur's Gate I didn't complete in favor of skipping to BG2 for reasons that are long forgotten to me, and in my most recent playthough of BG:EE, I got close to the end before I deciding I didn't like my character and starting anew. I did beat the original BG2 (with the help of a guide), but got stuck in the final battle of the expansion; my memories of the second game are hazy at best save for major plot points and I'm sure I skipped out on many miscellaneous quests, so playing BG2:EE will almost be a new experience for me. For the purposes of multiplayer, I figured it would more fun to experience the game with the unpredictability that only comes from joining forces with fellow players!
If you're new to the BG scene, I don't mind if you take charge and be the "Main Character" so you can experience the game at your pace--in other words, I'm cool with being "Lackey #3". ;)
As for BG veterans: your expertise is welcome, especially for those tough battles!

So please reply here if you have any questions or are interested, and let's finalize some plans to bumble valiantly quest through the Sword Coast!

*Even if our characters are dubiously successful--"Bravely bold Sir Robin", anyone? (RUN AWAY!)
Post edited by tap_water_on_fire on

Comments

• TigerTiger Member Posts: 5
    I'm down....prefer to play an elf archer pacific time here and also unpredictable schedule
    tap_water_on_fire
  • tap_water_on_firetap_water_on_fire Member Posts: 28
    @Tiger Excellent!

I would like a minimum of 4 to get the game going, so hopefully, there are others out there who will be interested in taking the offer (hint hint, mystery viewers who glance at this post but quickly look away so that they won't make eye contact and be challenged to a battle... Oh wait, wrong game).

Once we get two more, then we can make quick plans as to the when and where! With any luck, it will be soon so we can get as much time in as we can, since I'll be sans-computer in a week and a half for 10 days... Unless you would rather wait until after then to start?
  • Drake408Drake408 Member Posts: 5
    hello... are you still looking for players or has the play through started?? .... i prefer to play mage or sorc
    tap_water_on_fire
    @Drake408 Yes, I am still looking for players, and as it just so happens, we could use a mage/sorcerer! What's your time zone?

Now if we could find at least one other person... I hope to get the game started in a week and a half.
    Unless you and @Tiger want to start as we are, a Druid, an Archer, and a Magic user? We could recruit an NPC thief and a fighter, for insurance purposes... Or would you guys be up for all of us playing two characters each, to make a complete party? What do you two think? Should we wait, or just jump to it?
  • ThomTwistThomTwist Member Posts: 3
    Hi :) I was wondering, you're starting off BG1 right ? On the enhanced edition ?
    tap_water_on_fire
  • XanatosXanatos Member Posts: 47
    Heya! My Name is Logan and I'd be more than happy to join your playthrough as whatever you happen to need. I usually play rangers of some sort or another but I'm more than happy to fill in elsewhere, expecially with the chance to get more experienced with other roles. If you still need a thief I could do that happily. I can play at night (eastern US time zone).
    tap_water_on_fire
    @ThomTwist Yes, we will be starting off with the Enhanced Edition of BG1! In what time zone are you?

@Xanatos Greetings Logan, I'm Shei! We would love to have you in our party! Once one of the other interested individuals gets back to us to reach the 4 minimum (though having both of them join in will be all the more fun--the more the merrier), we can get started on organizing a gaming schedule!

On a random note, now we just need someone in the Central Time Zone and we'll have the mainland US covered!
  • ThomTwistThomTwist Member Posts: 3
    Hi dude ! I'm from Paris, but i happen to have some free time so i can adjust to yours :)
    Excellent! It seems that the current consensus on playing time is night time for the US folks, so it'll most likely end up being early morning for you... What character class do you like to play?
    How would you prefer to keep contact with each of us regarding details to when we start playing? I'm really quite excited
    I'm super excited as well! We may have a full party!
    As for methods of comunication: It depends on what's the most convenient for you. We can do it here, or via a private message or even Skype--I'm open to whatever. What's your preference?
    Skype works for me... Add me "DatDudeLM". I'll definately listen but I might not talk much for personal reasons. Also decided I'd like very much to be the thief in this playthrough.
    edited May 2015
    sorry tap_water that i didnt get back to you bin busy last couple of days my time zone is est Canada and nights work for me or weekends the best way to get a hold of me is steam if you would like to add me and for playing i use TeamSpeak but skype or what ever is fine
    @Xanatos Sounds good to me! Are you available to chat now?

So everyone who is still interested, sound off here with your availability or tell me how you want to be contacted so we can work out a schedule and get started! :smile:
    edited May 2015
    @Drake408 No worries!
    Is your username on Steam the same as your username here? Also, pardon my derpy, but I'm not too familiar with TeamSpeak--Is that the Steam chat feature or is it a separate program?
    no its drake12131 for steam and Teamspeak is a separate program
    @Drake408 Oh, okay! Depending on how many of our fellows have Teamspeak, we could use it. Is it an easy program to use? Has it worked well for you?
    About your steam username: I tried looking it up to add you but no results turned up! :open_mouth: Perhaps you can add me? My steam name is Tap Water on Fire, and my profile picture is a close-up of a bumper sticker that declares, "I Wish Morgan Freeman Narrated My Life".
    Yep.
    edited May 2015
    @tap_water_on_fire i sent you an invite on steam .... i use teamspeak all the time some people i know like gamevox better but i hold true to TS i have some friends who own some servers on teamspeak so none of us would have to pay for a privet server... i could also get a password for a privet channel in those servers if everyone don't want to talk to the other people on server
    Post edited by Drake408 on
    @Tiger @Drake408 @ThomTwist @Xanatos Sorry for disappearing, I was away from home for the past few days! So, I'm available Monday and Tuesday at 9:30pm MDT: What do you all think of starting with those 2 days?
    Also, Drake408 has brought up using TeamSpeak: do you all want to try it out, or would you prefer to use something else?

@elayundercover If you are interested in jumping in our game, give us your input as well!
    I'm one of those "Needs 8 hours of sleep" people so starting then (11:30 for me) would be a bit late considering it wouldnt give me any time to play with you guys
    @Xanatos Alright! How about we scrap those two days (I work late), and do Wednesday at 6:30pm MDT to start out? Would that work better?
    I'm pretty much good for every day from 6-11 in the evening (my time) except wednesday because thats weeknight bible study and I'd really prefer not to miss that. Sorry to be do difficult ):
  • CJH248CJH248 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    I would love to get in on the action as well. I am 3 hours ahead of MDT but I can sacrifice some sleep once or twice a week. Also, Tap Water I added you to steam if that's cool.
    tap_water_on_fire
    @Xanatos Ha ha, no worries! How about Friday and Sunday at 6:00 MDT? With your time zone, that should allow for three hours, right?

@CJH248 Awesome! What class do you prefer to play? What days/times work best for you?
    edited May 2015
    Either Ranger or Mage, whichever no one else has already taken. Should be fun! And since you guys won't be starting until 9 my time I can pretty much do any night. You can all decide
    edited May 2015
    @CJH248 Excellent! Drake408 has dibs on the Mage/Sorcerer position and the Ranger position may or may not be open since Tiger claimed it with an Archer specialization, but hasn't checked in for some time now... Do you play the Ranger with a specialization?

We still need a heavy-hitter--a role which I am willing to assume, but then we'll be out of a healer, unless everyone is okay with thriving on rest, temple healings, and potions... Your thoughts, everyone?

When all is said and done, we do have at least four players actively interested in the playthrough (including myself), so I say we should proceed with the scheduled time/dates of 6pm MDT, this Friday and Sunday.
    On a side note, we still need a consensus about TeamSpeak--shall we use it or go with a different program like Skype? I'm willing to... @CJH248? @Xanatos?

@ThomTwist, if you are still interested in the game, what class would you like to play? @Tiger, are you still with us?

As for the multiplayer session itself, I'll PM the session's name and password to those of you actively participating via this forum's PM system shortly!

I'm excited, guys! It's coming together! :smiley:
    I think we should use Teamspeak. Overall easier to get a group voice chat on the go. I can be the heavy hitter, any role is fun! Both Friday and Sunday work great
    Hey sorry for the brief delay between replies. There seems to be enough interest that I'm actually going to drop out and do a smaller playthrough with some irl friends, my schedule is crazy (disney this weekend, usually play basketball friday nights) and I would feel bad asking 5 people to accomadate me. Have fun though!
    @Xanatos Alright. Have fun with your playthrough!
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Wish the title mentioned PC. Android user, walking out sadly.