Skip to content

Should Silke become a recruitable N.P.C.?

2»

Comments

• BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    well if so maybe he could talk to @TrentOster about adding Silke. I think she'd be a great addittion and as much as i love BGee 1 & 2 i think they sorely need some dlc
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Baxyratty Yes, I am a team player :wink:
    Cuv said:

could you bring this idea up to Mr. Oster?
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Wouldn't that break your licensing contract though?
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Friend, @Alexisisinneed I am pretty sure they already did that in several areas *cough* Item B.A.M.s *cough*.. "shhh be bery quit wehunting extwa cwontent!"
    edited May 2015
    Friend, @Alexisisinneed I am pretty sure they already did that in several areas *cough* Item B.A.M.s *cough*.. "shhh be bery quit we hunting extwa cwontent!"
    edited May 2015
    Hey if Trent has other things to do (I would Imagine that 'Adventure Y' would be big deal for him) I can make a 'ram-bangled' Silke Non-Player Character 'Mod.' for you guys.. *Bubbles Voice: It kind of seems that Silke as an N.P.C. is kind of a popular deal around here[, kitties].*
    Baxyratty said:

Cuv said:

could you bring this idea up to Mr. Oster?
    I keep calling him Trent Oyster by accident:S. Is this kind of thing thing rather common for him?
    in any case i'd gladly pay to see this idea become reality, written correctly Silke could be a genuinely entertaining and unique character, and i'd trust BeamDog to do her justice
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I like her more as a BG2 NPC, with buffed stats (or unique gear to make her more competitive), and maybe a new kit, or just as a Jester NPC. A new kit adds a selling point though.
    DreadKhan said:

I like her more as a BG2 NPC, with buffed stats (or unique gear to make her more competitive), and maybe a new kit, or just as a Jester NPC. A new kit adds a selling point though.

Why not have Silke be within both the Original and The Second Baldur's Gate as like the N.P.C.s Dorn? Rasaad and Neera?
    edited May 2015
    Add the AD&D 2nd Edition Official Thespian kit for the bards *The Complete Bard's Handbook*. A Hard Cap of 9 kits per class is still enough room for the Thespian Bard Kit.
    Thespian Bard Kit - The Complete Bard's Handbook.
    Thespian Page 1.
    Thespian Page 2.
    Thespian Page 3.
    Thespian Page 4.
    Thespian Page 5.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    well damn
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    I prefer her to be a bag of free 900 xp for my low level guys
    Well I guess you are stuck with me and the community to make Silke recruitablw for now @Baxyratty . I was kind of blow away that this thread got to Trent. nice work :) .
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    I think you could fit her into BGEE.

For instance technically she has dialogue that implies she is supposed to be in the Ducal Palace in chapter 7 (well implies to me anyways as it doesn't otherwise make any sense to give her the conversation option). So just throw her in there, edit a few lines to make her willing to join a highly charismatic group (due to her existing lines this is probably the best approach), and let her join any party that wants her in the group that late. Who cares at that point if she's level 9 or whatever.

You can then have her subsequently available as an NPC in BG2EE. :)
    Post edited by elminster on
    @WithinAmnesia i'm sure some of the folks over in the modding section would help you in making a full mod for her too. unfortunately i'm not a modder so i can only lend my support in spirit!
    That's okay @Baxyratty I will get something done with a Silke mod, I could start on that Ajantis mod thing and reverse engineer it to fit with Silke. Spirit Leads On!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    One of my favorit evil encounters. Not my choice for a playable npc, though.