Skip to content

{Spoilers} - Unable to put last FLAIL head onto FLAIL of AGES

So I got the last FLAIL head poison from Watchers Keep, I went back to D'Arnise Hold but the keep is CLOSED and the side entrance is blocked.

Is there another FORGE that you can use to fit the head back on?

Comments

• SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    to attach these heads, you must use caepesnar (the devil in the pocket plane in ToB, i can't remember his name)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    You cannot add the 4th and 5th heads with the Keep forge. That is completely intended.

Instead, you will need to wait for ToB and a certain helpful imp to add the last two heads.

Alternatively you can use the BG2Tweaks mod, which has an option to allow ToB upgrades in BG2; the place is at your usual grumpy dwarf smith.
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    So then that means you can carry these items onto ToB...how much of the old items can you keep?
    How do you IMPORT the characters? the same way?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    You can import characters by hitting the Import button in character creation. You can also import your whole party into TOB, if I recall correctly.

You keep every item you have with you by the end of SoA into ToB. CHARNAME's days of being captured and stripped of all items are over.
    If you simply finish SoA, ToB will start automatically and you will keep EVERYTHING you have on you. You can also start a new ToB game and import a save from SoA, in which case you will also keep EVERYTHING and get your XP upgraded to the ToB start value (unless it's already higher).

The only time you lose things going into ToB is if you start a new game in ToB from scratch. You'll be given an assortment of SoA items, that's it.

So there's pretty much no losing of items between SoA and ToB. Nothing to worry about! It's not at all like BG1->BG2, where you only keep very few very specific items. Not the case at all with ToB!
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    I must say I LIKE your writing STYLE. It's like a conversation with the occasional SHOUT thrown in for no particularly GOOD reason that I can SEE.
    It's a habit from many years of posting on forums with no other form of EMPHASIS. Also people tend to not read all too clearly, so I highlight the really important bits to avoid misunderstanding. It's worked well so far, and if it annoy some people then I can live with that.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited May 2015
    I'm a much bigger fan of color-coding important bits, like they do in Legend of Zelda. Don't you agree?

(Possible answers:
    - Yes, absolutely!
    - Of course! )
    You forgot "Do you want me to say everything again?" put in a place where you're sure to accidentally hit it.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    How do you color code stuff on the forum? Everybody loves colors.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    If you need some colours just click the quote button on this post and you can replace the text between the ><
    to what you want. Then copy + paste to whatever post you want it in.

red

blue

yellow

green

purple

There is actually a thread that deals with it here where you can find some comments about it.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/13237/#Comment_13237
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614

It's a habit from many years of posting on forums with no other form of EMPHASIS. Also people tend to not read all too clearly, so I highlight the really important bits to avoid misunderstanding. It's worked well so far, and if it annoy some people then I can live with that.

I was actually referring to the op, but fair game if you do it too!
  • BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
    As said, you keep everything on you (and all your party members) when starting ToB. If you want to store excess items, just put them in a chest in Watcher's Keep. You'll be able to visit Watcher's Keep for nearly all of ToB. Sister Garlena's store is also a nice place to sell things you think you *might* want again one day.

(Oh, and I like using *asterisks* for emphasis. Makes me feel like an ORZ and a *HAPPY* *CAMPER*. Bonus points to you if you get the reference.)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You can also try _underscores_ for emphasis.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Blucher said:

As said, you keep everything on you (and all your party members) when starting ToB. If you want to store excess items, just put them in a chest in Watcher's Keep. You'll be able to visit Watcher's Keep for nearly all of ToB. Sister Garlena's store is also a nice place to sell things you think you *might* want again one day.

(Oh, and I like using *asterisks* for emphasis. Makes me feel like an ORZ and a *HAPPY* *CAMPER*. Bonus points to you if you get the reference.)

Here is *good news*! It is such a *happy town*

Err.. I mean.. never though of that. Nice tip @Blucher :smile:
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124

I was actually referring to the op, but fair game if you do it too!
    Yes that is exactly my reason as well LOL! He hit the nail on the head.