Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release

14567810»

Comments

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited April 2015
    @superfly86 I sort of agree with you. I don't think it's fair of Overhaul to mark the game as supporting Polish on the Steam Store page if the translation isn't finished (bugs I can understand, but missing text completely is probably not ok).

However, speaking as someone who has worked on many EFIGS (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish) translated game titles, commercial translation services are expensive. Given how much text there is to translate in the BG games, it just couldn't be justified by Overhaul in consideration of how many sales they are likely to make from doing it.

Would the revenue from "Polish translation wanting" buyers cover the cost of hiring a commercial translation team? My guess, based on experience with just EFIGS is "not even close". So, they've gone with the next best thing: Add support for multiple languages, and let volunteers translate it.

Perhaps you could request to join the translation team to speed it up?

Edit: I just noticed that Polish is not a listed language in the "supported languages" on the Steam Store page for BGII anyway.. it's hard to say that Overhaul is at fault for not supporting a feature they don't claim to support on a game you bought. Sorry!
  • szjl2012szjl2012 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just want to ask, how is the translation of other languages going?
  • NaturalBornKielerNaturalBornKieler Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 407
    szjl2012 said:

Hi, I just want to ask, how is the translation of other languages going?

The current status of the localisation projects can always be found here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39082/localization-status-and-volunteering
    JuliusBorisovhook71lolien
  • stu-kstu-k Member Posts: 30
    is there any way to import a character from a windows game into mac game
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    stu-k said:

is there any way to import a character from a windows game into mac game

Yes, all save game files are the same between all versions of the game (Windows, Mac, IOS, and Android). Just place the save/character export file from your current game folder on windows and place it in the save/character folder on mac (I don't know the exact folder locations off the top of my head).
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Have we any news on the next patch?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I'm hoping that the next patch would come out for BG1, because it doesn't have that awesome improved pathfinding yet. That game could certainly use all the help it can get in that regard, seeing how many crammed spaces you get to explore during the course of it (Firewine Bridge comes to mind).
    JuliusBorisovLeoNeguslolien
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2015
    Although no specific dates were given during the Siege of Dragonspear stream today, upcoming patches for all three games were mentioned in the context of integrating SoD features into the existing games. The ETA boils down to "aiming for around launch of SoD, but may come afterwards".

SoD does not have a release date (or window) currently, other than "when it's done".

EDIT: misread the date of the last post as July instead of June.. but leaving this post here anyway, as it is the current info afaik.
  • professorgprofessorg Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if they're bringing back the gnome, Jan Jansen who in my mind seemed to be related to Oswald Fiddlebender from icewindDale 2. He was a hoot!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I heard Jansen is busy with the turnip market and can't help in the Dragonspear castle, although he may send one of his nephews to sort the problem.
    lolien
  • superfly86superfly86 Member Posts: 31
    Faydark said:

@superfly86 I sort of agree with you. I don't think it's fair of Overhaul to mark the game as supporting Polish on the Steam Store page if the translation isn't finished (bugs I can understand, but missing text completely is probably not ok).

However, speaking as someone who has worked on many EFIGS (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish) translated game titles, commercial translation services are expensive. Given how much text there is to translate in the BG games, it just couldn't be justified by Overhaul in consideration of how many sales they are likely to make from doing it.

Would the revenue from "Polish translation wanting" buyers cover the cost of hiring a commercial translation team? My guess, based on experience with just EFIGS is "not even close". So, they've gone with the next best thing: Add support for multiple languages, and let volunteers translate it.

Perhaps you could request to join the translation team to speed it up?

Edit: I just noticed that Polish is not a listed language in the "supported languages" on the Steam Store page for BGII anyway.. it's hard to say that Overhaul is at fault for not supporting a feature they don't claim to support on a game you bought. Sorry!

You want my cash ? Give me a complete product which will be suitable for me ? Haha dev wants me to adapt to their product ? No! dev has to adapt to me. Beamdog has easier because there is translation of CDP to whole baldurs gate 2 + addon, only new part is needed for translaton. Why other games like Divinity Original Sin, Banner Saga etc .could be translated in moment of release? It was kickstarter project and nothing stand on their way to release it complete. Beamdog can't do it after 3 years. Just laughs nothing more. What I can say more. I want to pay but for product good for me. Do your job and...
    "Shut up and take my money! "
    Almateria
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    and it's plenty money ... 10-20 bucks!
  • ImbaImba Member Posts: 3
    Hello, where can I download this update please? I can't find it anywhere.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Imba said:

If you have recently just purchased and downloaded, the most up to date release version would already be applied.

Imba said:

If you have recently just purchased and downloaded, the most up to date release version would already be applied.
    I got the gog version short after it came out. I heard you can download it there but my account is ancient. I dont even remember the login information. I tried to search some other source for download but it's just not anywhere.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Imba said:

Imba said:

I got the gog version short after it came out. I heard you can download it there but my account is ancient. I dont even remember the login information. I tried to search some other source for download but it's just not anywhere.
    If you got the game on GOG, you will need access to your GOG account to update it. I recommend trying to recover your account. If the automated password recovery on their website doesn't help you, then you should contact their support.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Imba said:

Imba said:

Use the Log-In link on GOG's homepage. When the window opens to enter your email and password, use the RESET PASSWORD button. It will then send a like to the e-mail of your account. Make sure to check your junk / trash folder or even reset your e-mail preferences if you have it setup to delete any e-mails outside of your contact list.
    got it. thanks
    jackjackSylvus_Moonbow
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    Is there anywhere that has a listing/manual/wiki of some kind that maybe came out with the games, showing what makes EE EE. I bought BG1 EE on steam when it was beamdog and atari, way back, and I just bought BG2 EE, and IWD EE thru Beamdog in the last 6 weeks. I'm just wondering if there is somewhere (maybe here) that lists the "improvements/fixes" that are part of the package. I see all kinds of stuff on patches, updates, and versions, but what about something that tells us peons what the Enhanced in EE is all about.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care. I'm an old school Gate Guy, I would have bought the game if it had nothing more than updated drivers, I'm just wondering how to find out where the enhancements for the base games are. Thanks