Skip to content

Yes.. the Summer is here.

The Summer is here, and I'm off from college for a few months. So gladly enough it's time to play some D&D related games.

But what's the news of any new beamdog games coming out for purchase? I had heard there's a new Baldur's Gate in the works. But besides that, does anyone know the direction beamdog is taking?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Beamdog has upgrading Bg1 Bg2 and IWD with expansions, they're soon to release adventure y which is an expansion sized game inbetween bg1 and bg2. They plan to create bg3 at some point if they have the cash and can sort out licensing.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Expansions? You mean the Black Pits?

Also thanks for the heads up @wubble
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited June 2015
    By expansions I mean that Tales of the sword coast and Throne of bhaal were also upgraded :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Plus there is also Project Beartrap (also known as Project Sharktrap)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    To track a progress on "a new Baldur's Gate in the works", check http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40963/the-adventure-y-swords-not-words-only-facts#latest.

Among the future projects for Beamdog Trent Oster had mentioned IWD2EE, PSTEE and NWNEE. Later the NWNEE option was stated to be a no-go, so that left us 2 variants in the form of IWD2 and PST.

We still haven't learned what they will choose, though.