Skip to content

Crevs Daak has lost NetHack yet again

13»

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    CoryNewb said:

RIP. I do hate roguelikes on my phone but....

*downloading now*

Oh man I kind of wish I hadn't heard you could play Nethack on a phone. Must. Try. Myself.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I just downloaded nethack on my school computer(weird that it work, usually you need admin permission. i had to put minecraft on a flash drive and bring it in. guess it doesnt count as an app of something.)

This game is super hard. I tried playing the ASCII version and my head literally exploded. I'm presently picking up the mess.
    I'm still trying to figure out how to do stuff. I guess I could read the guidebook but thats a lot of words.
    I should have known Nethack isn't available for Windows Phone, but I did install it on my PC though. I don't think I've ever played past the "dwarf level". The game is pretty brutal for beginners :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Wilbur said:

I should have known Nethack isn't available for Windows Phone, but I did install it on my PC though. I don't think I've ever played past the "dwarf level". The game is pretty brutal for beginners :)

As far as I know it's pretty brutal to anyone :) It's completely non-discriminating when slaughtering players :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    what do i do now?image
    If you mean that you can't get any further into the dungeon you should search for secret doors.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @meagloth yeah. It takes time to get used to the ASCII version of them game. I actually forced myself to play it from the start so now it's easy for me, but it's hard anyway.

I second Wilbur's suggestion, and that you try out Angband too (I prefer it to NetHack because 1) it's less brutal 2) it's funnier to get a new dungeon every time you go down). You could also start anew... This is something you'll end up doing in rogue-likes (learnt the hard way).