Skip to content

Rylock is still hanging out outside the Harper Hold after the Harper Hold quest is complete

Maybe this is OC but....

I've finished the Harper Hold quest. Terminus (sp?) has returned Jaheria's pin to her. But Rylock is still hanging out outside the Harper Hold as though nothing has happened. When I talk to him he still says the same things and gives me the same dialogue options. It seems a bit odd. I would have expected him to disappear or at least have something to say about everything that went down.

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    simAlity said:

Maybe this is OC but....

I've finished the Harper Hold quest. Terminus (sp?) has returned Jaheria's pin to her. But Rylock is still hanging out outside the Harper Hold as though nothing has happened. When I talk to him he still says the same things and gives me the same dialogue options. It seems a bit odd. I would have expected him to disappear or at least have something to say about everything that went down.

attach your save game please
  • simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
    Attached.

Game will open with you in the Docks, but on the wrong side. You'll have to walk to the Harper Hold.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Save attached with the following console command entered. Not sure why it had already been done but he remained.

C:SetGlobal("RylockLeavesHarperDoor","AR0300",0)
    edited June 2015
    So this wasn't a bug? Just a fluke in my game?
    Will this make a substantial difference to my gameplay? I reported it because I enjoy contributing to making Baldur's Gate better. It wasn't really bothering me. I just thought it might be a bug.

Something that IS bothering me though is that I'm getting NO spontaneous banter out of Jaheria. None. I didn't even get the nightmare thing. I reported it on the troubleshooting forum but all I got was a suggestion that I install someone's mod.

If you could fix Jaheria's banter I would be very grateful.

Most recent save is attached:
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited June 2015
    Regarding Rylock
    Something was broken in your save but I don't have enough information to know if it is a game issue or something specific to your install or an action you did. I can't remember this issue being reported before so would need to be able to reproduce it before it is classed as a bug.

From looking at the script I would say it could be a game bug if you speak to Rylock and leave the area before he does, however I think he would take no more than 6 seconds to escape the area and there is no way for a player to exit the area quicker than that.
    - Do you use the Ctrl/J jump keys, or do you use the console to move between areas?

Regarding Jaheira
    Her romance variables are set (and completed?), so it looks like you have at least one mod installed or have been incrementing her lovetalks variables. Her nightmare talk expects a variable value of 8, but your save has a value of 70 so it looks as if you're way past this point.
    edited June 2015
    Gate70 said:

Regarding Rylock
    Something was broken in your save but I don't have enough information to know if it is a game issue or something specific to your install or an action you did. I can't remember this issue being reported before so would need to be able to reproduce it before it is classed as a bug.

From looking at the script I would say it could be a game bug if you speak to Rylock and leave the area before he does, however I think he would take no more than 6 seconds to escape the area and there is no way for a player to exit the area quicker than that.
    - Do you use the Ctrl/J jump keys, or do you use the console to move between areas?

When is he supposed to leave? Before I started this game on my PC I had another game going on my tablet. Sadly my tablet really isn't up to the rigors of Baldur's Gate 2, but I got about a quarter of the way through the Harper Hold quests. I've definitely kicked Harper Butt once. I can check to see if he is still there in that game as well.

I've never used the jump keys. I always walk to the edge of the map.
    Gate70 said:

Regarding Jaheira
    Her romance variables are set (and completed?), so it looks like you have at least one mod installed or have been incrementing her lovetalks variables. Her nightmare talk expects a variable value of 8, but your save has a value of 70 so it looks as if you're way past this point.

I don't actually know how to install a mod. Yet, anyway. As for the lovetalks I'm not romancing her. I'm romancing Rasaad. In fact I've never romanced her. But I've always gotten that nightmare banter.

I have been using the Ctrl U+I keys to get some banter out of my NPCs. I wasn't going to, but I noticed early on in the game that my NPCs seemed to be taking their queue from Jaheira and staying quiet. I had a feeling that something was borked but couldn't bring myself to go back and start the game all over, all over again.

Anyway that could be why it looks as though I've been incrementing love chats. But the thing with Jaheira not talking has been there almost from the outset of the game.
    To be clear: I'm not referring to quest banter. If there are lines she needs to say in the process of a quest (i.e. the Harper Hold Quest) she will say them. And certain bits of banter that relate to other people (e.g. when Aerie is badly hurt the first time) is spoken. What I'm not getting are the other lines. Like I had one game where she would make a comment to a new NPC after their first battle together. THAT's what I'm not getting.