Skip to content

Christopher Lee is dead

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited June 2015 in Off-Topic
We mourn the death of Sir Christopher Lee, world famous actor.
Known for his iconic roles as Dracula, Saruman and King Haggart, just to name a few.

* May 27th 1922
† June 7th 2015

You have been, and always will be, an inspiration to us all.
May you rest in peace.
Post edited by Buttercheese on
lolienRavenslightNonnahswriterwubbleWilburNimranSilverstarronaldoKamigoroshielminsterArdanisSCARY_WIZARDcmk24Montresor_SPTeflonSharGuidesMyHandJuliusBorisov

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    :( No more Sauramon.
    RavenslightTeflon
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Don't be sad; Lord Summerisle is feeling well and greatly enjoyed the opportunity to chat with his ancient ancestor, Charlemagne.
    SharGuidesMyHandJuliusBorisov
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    TJ_Hooker said:

On top of his acting career, Lee was also an operative in the Special Operations Executive during WWII. It was a secret organisation tasked by Churchill to "set Europe ablaze", several member of which served as real-life inspiration for characters in the James Bond novels. If that isn't metal enough, Lee also released a couple of metal music albums. A remarkable man, to say the least.

He had an incredible life all together. Another WW2 related thing he did was volunteering to defend Finland against the Soviets in 1939. He never saw combat action, but did some training / guard duty.
    RavenslightButtercheeseWilburJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCARY_WIZARDTeflonJuliusBorisov
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    edited June 2015

Rhapsody of Fire is my favorite band of all time. I loved his work with them <3. I was actually going to link this earlier but couldn't find an HD version. Thanks for the link n_n
    KamigoroshiButtercheeseRavenslight
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Messi said:

He had an incredible life all together. Another WW2 related thing he did was volunteering to defend Finland against the Soviets in 1939. He never saw combat action, but did some training / guard duty.

I did not know that and being a Finn it makes me appreciate him even more.
    RavenslightButtercheese
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    It is always sad when a great person dies, but on the other hand... he died in a very old age, and after living a very eventful, interesting and fulfilling life. It's not hard to imagine he could be inspiration to many. And since you know, great and charismatic actors aren't growing on trees.... Someone promising should step up, less there won't be actors such as him anymore around.
    ButtercheeseTeflonJuliusBorisov
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Rest in peace. Sad news indeed.
    WilburRavenslightSilverstarJuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I never understood why it took so long for Lee to be knighted - the guy is simply one of the most iconic actors ever to emerge from the British isles.
    TeflonJuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Incidentally, Lee considered his best performance to be his title role in "Jinnah" (about the founding of Pakistan), and has often cited "The Wicker Man" as being his best overall film.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    First Leonard Nimoy, then Terry Pratchett, now Christopher Lee...

IMDB shows Christopher Lee had 666 titles.

http://www.imdb.com/filmosearch?role=nm0000489&sort=num_votes&explore=title_type

RIP
    TeflonButtercheese[Deleted User]Nonnahswriter
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

this is truly wonderful
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Nonnahswriter