Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2 Race/Class Specific Content Question

Greetings, everyone. Been a little while since I posted anything, eh?

Well, @Nyrox and I continue to play multiplayer sessions, mostly of Icewind Dale EE (BG2EE multiplayer is still a bit wonky for my taste), but my interest shifted to the first IE game I ever beat and I've pulled him along for the ride since it's the only one we've yet to beat together as well.

Normally when we start a session, we each create three characters a piece (Baldur's Gate 1/2 is sometimes 1 or 2 characters a piece so we have room for NPCs), but we don't tell the other person what we're making. It provides a lot of interesting situations. No clerics. No rogues. Too many clerics. Too few arcane casters, etc...

Well, lately, we've taken an interest in all of the class/race specific content and dialog each of the games have to offer, but I've not found entirely too much information related to IWD2.

Does anyone know of a list somewhere or know off the top of their head some of the content that can only be obtained because of class and race? We're going to try to build a party together that will witness as much of the game content as possible. If it turns out successful, the plan is to do the same for IWDEE and probably the Baldur's Gate EEs as well.

Thanks for your time everyone :)

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Deep gnomes, drow, and mages can learn a little more from Koluhm than other characters. Deep gnomes get some cute lines with various characters in Targos. Mages and characters with high CHA can inspire the soldiers at the Palisade, and clerics get unique dialogs as well. Half-orcs get a single line out of Torak. Mages get a little extra dialog out of the unconscious dreaming guy in the tent, as well as the inn quest. Clerics can try to banish the ghost in the inn, as well as Mother Egenia. Sorcerers get a little extra dialog out of Pairi in the Wandering Village. Bards can put the Barrow Wight to sleep if they have the right stats. Transmuters can do some stuff with the little lab in the drider lair. Clerics of Bane get to argue with the cleric of Bane in Kuldahar Pass.

The race- and class-specific dialog is mostly limited to an extra line here and there. You're not missing much, but if you want to hear the most from the game, you'd probably have a Transmuter, a Cleric of Bane, a Bard, a Sorcerer, and a Deep Gnome. That covers most of it.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Thanks for the list, @semiticgod :) I'm going to take note of your suggested party configuration, but also take a stab at Near Infinity to see if I can't pry out any others that may have been overlooked.

Now I just need to figure out how to search for replacement strings in NI :)