Skip to content

Need help with no game sound.

I have a weird bug going on that only happens in Baldur's Gate II. Me and my friends like playing BG2 together and we are usually on Skype when doing so. However, as soon as i start a call on Skype i get no sound from Baldur's Gate 2 in-game. Everything else works fine with sound, Youtube... Pandora..etc... Anyone have a clue what's going on or how i can fix it?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Only a guess, but it sounds (or perhaps I should say "doesn't sound" :smile:) as if both Skype and BG2ee demand exclusive control of some particular detail (I know not what) of the sound system, so that if both are trying to run at the same time, then one will be unable to output sound.

As a test, see if it makes any difference whether you fire up BG2ee first or Skype first. For example, if a Skype call is already active when you start BG2ee, does BG2ee then silence Skype, instead of the other way around?
  • UndeadCreepshowUndeadCreepshow Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2015
    No matter which one i start first, BG2 or Skype, if i have Skype running on a call then all sound in BG2 will stop. Also i checked all devices and disabled any device for taking exclusive rights and also set my headset as the default device.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    There are a few examples here
    http://superuser.com/questions/497030/how-to-stop-windows-8-from-muting-your-running-apps

It's difficult to suggest specific points without knowing more details e.g. pc or mac, whether Steam is being used, etc.
    PC and yes i have the game on Steam.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    OK, there was a comment in that thread about Steam don't know if it is of any help.
    Nope, doesn't help any. Thanks though. Any other suggestions anyone?
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Gate70 said:

OK, there was a comment in that thread about Steam don't know if it is of any help.

OpenAL maybe...