Skip to content

How do YOU play Baldur's Gate

2»

Comments

• GishGish Member Posts: 74
    I enjoy an average play but i wont power game much. I also like to use npcs a lot and will try varied combinations
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    Core rules mostly, and I always solo since my first playthroughs.
    I only add in some NPCs temporarily to get their personal quests.
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    edited May 2015
    Honestly, I play the game however I feel like each time. I try not to limit myself because there are so many different ways to play it.

That being said, 80% of my playthroughs have been on "Hard" difficulty. I usually impose my own restrictions so that I never find it too easy.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
    N/A - Core Rules, unmodded, solo, no-reload.

Still challenging and fun after all this time!
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    But not all of its features (Smarter Mages terrifies me!)
    Quartz[Deleted User]
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I don't remember ever having a playthrough where I *didn't* cheat at some point just because I was too flippin lazy to honestly win a fight. I am trying not to, really, but I my inner pigdog won't let me :I
    [Deleted User]GreenWarlock
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    I play on core rules. I don't like the idea of increasing difficulty with double damage so I never used harder settings. I tried to give myself a challenge by doing a solo run and got bored when I realized it was actually easier to keep one guy alive than a whole party.
    [Deleted User]GreenWarlock
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Core but with no reloads, no resurrections and minimal cheese/metagaming so no ankheg armour from Nashkell, no buffing to face enemies that my party can't see yet, no wandering off to random wilderness areas for no apparent reason to recruit someone early or grab some interesting treasure etc..
    [Deleted User]QuartzMontresor_SP
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    I play on Normal, except for TOB where I've found myself playing on Easy. I've gotten through TOB on Normal before, but I prefer to enjoy the game rather than having to much of an extreme challenge. I'm not the greatest strategist but I am improving. I plan on a Core Rules playthrough at some point.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    First of all it don't feel like no "semi" challenge to me!

I actually start the game on normal, then turn it up once after Nashkel and then on to insane from the Bandit Camp on, so its kinda cheating. I just hate getting one shot by gibblings and stuff, but once I get a few spells and abilities that help me survive (which usually means kill everything fast before it kills me) I can work with the game a bit more.

I play on the hardest difficulty available without mods for Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal from the get-go.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    Core rules only

Every now & then I play a game with random stats, I find it makes it way game more interesting & give you a reason to use different items that you wouldn't normally use, like small & medium shields.
    [Deleted User]
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited July 2015
    I mostly play it to play god and for the story.

And to get my fan art interest back up.
    [Deleted User]
  • Meri20098Meri20098 Member Posts: 31
    I play on casual but only because I'm not used to the game
    Nimran[Deleted User]
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I almost always play on core, but I do try a harder setting every now and then
    [Deleted User]
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    While sitting naked in front of my laptop.
    [Deleted User]ElrandirQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    right now i am playing 1 step below hardest settings. I wandered all over to get my exp up first though. so only a few fights have been hard Dorn side quest has a pretty tough fight. I almost died in naskel mines too.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Used to play the horror that was the Tactics mod. SCS felt like a mercy afterwards, and default difficulty became too easy to be satisfying.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I play on core rules because that was the original 'normal' setting on BG1. However, I always play no re-loads because if my character dies I get really depressed and have to start again.