Skip to content

Wild Mage in BG2:EE

Hey i am wondering what is the highest bonus to Wild Magic rolls one can get within the game? I heard in the past one could get 100+ rolls every time with chain contingency and 3x improved chaos shield (but that was changed?).

When i start a wild mage in ToB, i can cast improved chaos shield and chaos shield (and both icons will show up on my character) so i assume those stack. With the level cap at 31 for a mage and a +15 to wild roll circlet in ToB, this implies that 31+15+25 +15 = 86+ roll is now the max. Is this correct or can it be increased more?

Comments

• LostsageLostsage Member Posts: 2
    I also think there is a robe or cloak that gives passive chaos shield, but i am not sure if that stacks with the casting version of chaos shield.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited June 2015
    IIRC there is a Robe in SoA and a headpiece in ToB that both increase Surge rolls. Also, despite what the icons say, I'm pretty sure you can only have 1 Chaos Shield up at any time, so regular Chaos Shield and Improved Chaos Shield shouldn't stack (at least to my knowledge). I'm not sure you reach 100%, but you get pretty close.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Can you still cast Nahal's Reckless Dweomer infinitely using any mage by mapping the spell to a hotkey? That trick was so marvelously broken in vanilla.