Skip to content

Whats next?

Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
Hello everyone i have returned from the slave driver that is work and im here to talk / ask one question.
BG:EE and BG2:EE have been on my mind alot recently with the release of the graphic novel legends of baldurs gate and i thought about the games and IWD:EE and i have this question on my mind that i would like the higher ups to answer or at least read.

whats the next game on the list?

now this could mean a couple of things 1. whats the next game your thinking of redoing and 2. have you thought about trying to make a game yourself?

just musings and wonderings about whats going to happen to one of my favorite games companies since.....blizzard made diablo 2 back in......2000?! REALLY? that game is 15 years old? god im old....

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Agreed Adventure Y appears to be 'The next thing'.

For me personally, I'd love to see a KOTOR:EE leading to KOTOR2:EE. Alternately a ToEE:EE would be cool. As would either NWN1 or 2 EE versions, although I understand that isn't going to happen soon.

Or how about Fallout: EE?

I'd also like to see what these fine folks could do with their own game. Either way would be great.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    "now this could mean a couple of things 1. whats the next game your thinking of redoing"

Adventure Y is the game that is next on Beamdog's list. I don't know what Beamdog's plans are after that (and if I knew them I couldn't tell you :) ).
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    ahhh was hoping for a sneaky spoiler lol. either way im pretty sure ill be Adventure Y: the Vengennocidal revenge of the plauge cookies
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    edited June 2015
    Dee said:

I keep telling you. Pong: Enhanced Edition is the next thing on our agenda. I don't know what this "Adventure Y" thing is everyone's been talking about.

Ahhhhhhhh yes, Pong. The classic good vs. evil archetype. Has any game escaped Pong's shadow? In other words, hasn't every game more or less been just another iteration and interpretation of batting the old ball back and forth? Sarevok vs. Bhaalspawn, Kefka vs. Terra, Solid Snake vs. Solidus Snake, Chris Redfield vs. Albert Wesker. No doubt the list goes on.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Pitfall EE
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    Dee said:

I keep telling you. Pong: Enhanced Edition is the next thing on our agenda. I don't know what this "Adventure Y" thing is everyone's been talking about.

Close. Its actually Pogs: Extended Edition. You didn't think Pogs would ever make a return, no one probably did, but here it is in video game format. The 90's return in full swing :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Why not Tongs EE? A game solely devoted to the mystical tongs and their unique abilities, enhanced.
    I've sussed it. The next project is Hillsfar:EE

• AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    Road Rash EE, now with rotary engines.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Adso said:

There was an epic old game called "Outlander" that was supposed to be Mad Max but they failed to secure the rights. It was basically Road Rash meets Cobra (if anyone remembers that one) in a Mad Max post-apocalyptic world, and it was beautifully ultra-violent. It needs to come back.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122

Adso said:

There was an epic old game called "Outlander" that was supposed to be Mad Max but they failed to secure the rights. It was basically Road Rash meets Cobra (if anyone remembers that one) in a Mad Max post-apocalyptic world, and it was beautifully ultra-violent. It needs to come back.
    How could anyone not remember Cobra? ;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32sLgUoj91o

I didn't know about the Outlander game and before completion the company had lost the rights to "The Road Warrior" name. Good stuff! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlander_(video_game)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Dink Smallwood: EE!

Relive the tale of the pigfarmer turned slightly more competent pig farmer!
    Now in ultra HD, see the dragons you'll run away from clearer than every before!
    Leisure suit Larry: EE
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Questron: EE
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Dee said:

Rockstar already beat you to Pong:EE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcyF5LKSapM
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    commander keen:EE !! .....actually....i WOULD probably buy that....at first i was just kidding but...that would be fair awesome. ALSO has anyone read the baldurs gate comic that invovles neera/ someone who is pretty much exactly like neera to the point minsc keeps calling the main character neera? its awesome!!

hmmm what else should be enhanced.......HMMMMMM....i know!!!! bombs and bugs:EE