Skip to content

Wild style!

Ive seen a lot of hate towards the master race, Wild mages. I guess some of the hate is justified, some people don't like unpredictablilty. Ive personally never had my gold destroyed and all I play are wildmage and Sorcerer. Heck, I remember when I ran wildmage and Neera at the same time, I barely ever saw a wild surge. But something happened recently that I can't make sense of and sadly I lost the screenshots of it.

I was fighting the doa djinn tradesmeet, I was casting a spell but the thing hit me twice for about 30-40 damage each and charname died. Now here is the strangeness happens, charname died, but the game doesn't end. The text box said my spell wild surge and I was revived.charname even said "huh" in game. God I wish I still had the screen shots.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Now here is the strangeness happens, charname died, but the game doesn't end. The text box said my spell wild surge and I was revived.charname even said "huh" in game.

Weird.

A couple of the Wild Surge rolls give a Heal effect on the caster ... I'm only guessing, but I wonder if maybe the way that Heal effect is coded forces full health without first checking whether the caster is still alive. If so, then perhaps that could cause a Resurrection effect, if the caster happens to die during the clock-tick between the Wild Surge being declared and the Wild Surge effect occurring.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Another thing when the wild surge happened, it didn't state exactly what affect happened. It just said "Spell wild surge" and then where it would normally state a effect, it was blank. Also I need to find a more that removes the duplicate wild surge effects for something not already being done.