Skip to content

"Extra" character sounds. Any way to turn them off?

Hello,

Overall I am pretty impressed with the job and pleased with the changes that Beamdog applied to BGEE. There's one thing that annoys me, though: the addition of the "extra sounds" to the repertoire of each character.

On the original BG, you could access these sounds only by double-clicking (a lot) on each character. Now they say those phrases freely, and I wish there would be a way to toggle them off. I know they add some variety, but while I like hearing feedback voices, I think mostly of those 'extra' voices are rather unnapropriate for that (like Khalid's "Th-t-th-that's all Fo-f-fo-folks" or Montaron's looong "I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!").

Am I the only one who feels like that?

Cheers!

Mad Hab

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    I tend to like the additional sounds, what I personally dislike is those that break the 4th wall. For example "click on someone your own size" (Khalid).
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I believe it is a bug that they will address in the next patch. I know IWD has the same issue.
  • lebugglebugg Member Posts: 1
    Options > Sound > click on grey bar that says character sounds > Set Command sounds / Selection sounds to seldom or never.