Skip to content

Petition to Incorporate SoD NPCs into BG2EE

billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
edited July 2015 in Feature Requests
Please plan to incorporate these new SoD NPCs into BG2EE. Players who enjoy these NPCs should be allowed to continue traveling with them throughout BG2EE.
  1. Petition to Incorporate SoD NPCs into BG2EE41 votes
    1. Yes, incoporate new SoD NPCs into BG2EE
      82.93%
    2. No, leave new SoD NPCs in SoD only
      17.07%

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Ah, finally you've posted a petition in which I can agree with you.

I think the devs have already confirmed in another thread that they'll consider doing this, if the response to BG:SoD is sufficiently positive. They haven't defined their measure of positive response, so far as I'm aware, but I guess that it means "if sales of SoD are so good that it looks to be worth the expense of developing BG2ee material for the SoD NPCs".

In any case, however, we can't realistically expect any action on this until well after the release of SoD. Then maybe, in a further patch (after the patch which updates BG2ee to the SoD interface, etc.), we might suddenly find the new SoD NPCs hanging around in Athkatla looking for something to do.
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    Damn it I selected wrong answer.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    decado said:

Petition to stop you making endless petitions please.

Ehh...I don't see the harm in whats been done so far.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited July 2015
    decado said:

Petition to stop you making endless petitions please.

Well, don't just sit there grumbling, @decado. If you really think that there ought to be a petition against @billbisco making petitions, then it's up to you to start one.

"Petitioning is impressive, but now @decado leads! Words for everyone!" :smile:
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    It's a bit early to be making such requests. We don't know anything about these characters beyond their race and class; let's not jump the gun until they prove themselves.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Yes why not. Is it then too much to ask for to have them all have quests? Well made interesting quests that is.

On the other hand it is also dangerous to keep expand the EE. It will be watered down in no time.

I really needed an undecided option here.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Voghiln is already in BG2, as well as BP2, which takes place simultaneously. It seems unlikely that Corwin would be found in Amn, as she is a member of the Flaming Fist. Glint, as a good aligned thief, would be a welcome addition to the roster. Where is the "some of them" option?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    If you guys tell me exactly what you want more options to be, I will try to create a new thread with them.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I'm OK with no. Too expensive and too much work to do this...and it might feel shoehorned. Modders will be able to bring them over just fine, but beamdog doesn't have endless resources to do this sort of thing. Once SoD comes out I would like them to be able to move on to their next project.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    edited July 2015
    Always more NPCs. ALWAYS. We don't have new maps/monsters every time you play, like Diablo; what adds to the game is more characters, and their quests.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited July 2015
    I would like for them to be in BG2, but I wouldn't press the issue if the devs chose not to put them in.
  • miker60miker60 Member Posts: 20
    I'd like to see 1 or 2 carried over into BG2. I would be just as interested in the others receiving an epilogue after SoD which brings their story to a close. Some people continue on to Amn and you reconnect with them, some people die, some people you never see again...makes it a little more like real life.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I really like diversity in my NPCs and dialogues. The more I get in BG2, the better