Skip to content

[(BG2, BGEE) bug] Greater Command (0824)

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited September 2012 in Fixed
Greater command had different projectiles at different levels, meaning that it sometimes was party-friendly and sometimes affected everyone. It now uses a consistent projectile (party-friendly) at all levels:

// Greater Command should use the same projectile at all levels. In term, the spell will no longer affect the caster's allies at lower levels COPY_EXISTING ~SPPR512.SPL~ ~override~ // Greater Command PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE% > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // file size sanity check READ_LONG 0x64 ab_off READ_SHORT 0x68 ab_num FOR(i=0; i<ab_num; i+=1) BEGIN // cycle through all headers WRITE_SHORT (ab_off+i*0x28+0x26) 159 // use INAREANP.PRO for the projectile END END // end file size sanity check BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
Post edited by Bhryaen on
TanthalasAndreaColombo

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - @CamDawg's fix has been applied
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed fixed.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @CamDawg, you could have kept the old visual effect with this projectile:
    175-Sparkle Area Chromatic (Not Party) (SPARCHNP)
    @SethDavis if you feel like replace the 159 with 175.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Confirmed Fixed... ?

Projectile selected in vBG2 and BGEE:
                        Level     Level     Level     Level     Level     Level     Level     Level     Level     Level     Level     Level 
    1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    vBG2 Projectile SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH SPKLARCH INAREANP
    BGEE Projectile INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP INAREANP
    So essentially BGEE just applied to all levels the projectile effect already used for vBG2's 20th level.

It appears to cast upon the caster and then whip out from the caster's position. I recruited IMOEN2 and CORAN5 and surrounded us with xvarts. A scroll of Greater Command floored the lot of xvarts, leaving Imoen and Coran alone- clearly party-friendly.