Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Removing weapon restrictions

GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 517
Is there a mod that allows this? Scales of Balance changes more than I'm comfortable with. I'd just like to be able to play a Ranger/Cleric who uses Swords without resorting to Shadowkeeper.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,019
    There is a mod (I think its BG2Tweaks) that removes class-based weapon restrictions and allows characters of any class to put points into any weapon. The way the engine handles proficiency and usability makes it difficult to fix on a class by class basis.

  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577
    What exactly are you looking for? I already have code that gives everybody fighter weapon usability. Does that work?

  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 517
    Yes, I want all classes to be able to put stars in all weapons, so that a Cleric/Ranger could Specialise (Two stars) in Long Swords, for example.

  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577
    GawainBS said:

    Yes, I want all classes to be able to put stars in all weapons, so that a Cleric/Ranger could Specialise (Two stars) in Long Swords, for example.

    I can do that. This'll have to wait until this weekend, though. I already have most if the work done. I'll just upload it here

  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577

    There is a mod (I think its BG2Tweaks) that removes class-based weapon restrictions and allows characters of any class to put points into any weapon. The way the engine handles proficiency and usability makes it difficult to fix on a class by class basis.

    I think that is an old vanilla mod that has a component called, "sensible weapon restrictions". It replaces class based restrictions with attribute restrictions. For example, anybody can use a great sword of they have a str of 16 or simmering like that. I'm not sure where it is, what exactly it's called, or if it's compatible with the ee's (though, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be).

  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 517
    It's definitely not in BG2Tweaks. Ashes of Embers has such a component, but it is not compatible with BG:EE, but it is with BGII:EE.

  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577
    edited July 2015
    Okay.

    One thing. You will need to fill in the values of the two 2da's in the "BGEE" or "IWDEE" folders to get weapon proficiencies. Just replace the (0)zero (or other) value with the number of 'pip's' you want for that class with that weapon. The first five values aren't used (I don't think) in the ee engines, but you might want to fill them in anyway. I suggest using either near infinity or dltcep as the values don't quite line up for the later classes.

    Do not use these 2da's if you have any modded kits installed! If you have any kits installed, comment out these lines in the tp2:

    ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~iwdee~ THEN BEGIN COPY ~weap/bgee/WEAPPROF.2da~ ~override~ END ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ THEN BEGIN COPY ~weap/iwdee/WEAPPROF.2da~ ~override~ END

    If you are not sure how to do that, just replace the above with this:
    /* ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~iwdee~ THEN BEGIN COPY ~weap/bgee/WEAPPROF.2da~ ~override~ END ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ THEN BEGIN COPY ~weap/iwdee/WEAPPROF.2da~ ~override~ END */


    Have fun

  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577
    Use this one instead.

    You will just have to modify weaprof using near infinity. The files I uploaded mess up dialog.tlk for some odd reason

    Weap.zip 868.8K
    Trasd
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577
    GawainBS said:

    Thanks!

    Let me know how it works out.

  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    GawainBS said:

    It's definitely not in BG2Tweaks. Ashes of Embers has such a component, but it is not compatible with BG:EE, but it is with BGII:EE.

    Ashes of Embers works perfectly fine with BG1 - we are running it right now.

  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 517
    RAM021 said:

    GawainBS said:

    It's definitely not in BG2Tweaks. Ashes of Embers has such a component, but it is not compatible with BG:EE, but it is with BGII:EE.

    Ashes of Embers works perfectly fine with BG1 - we are running it right now.
    I couldn't get it to work with BG1:EE.

  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    GawainBS said:

    RAM021 said:

    GawainBS said:

    It's definitely not in BG2Tweaks. Ashes of Embers has such a component, but it is not compatible with BG:EE, but it is with BGII:EE.

    Ashes of Embers works perfectly fine with BG1 - we are running it right now.
    I couldn't get it to work with BG1:EE.
    Did you update to the newest WeiDU?

  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 517
    Isn't WeiDu included in the mods? I've never installed it seperately, and all mods (on each single Infinity game) installed perfectly fine.

  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577
    edited August 2015
    GawainBS said:

    Isn't WeiDu included in the mods? I've never installed it seperately, and all mods (on each single Infinity game) installed perfectly fine.

    Yes, but there are different versions of weidu. Older versions won't install on the ee's. You can actually copy the exe file from the mini mod I uploaded, and rename it to the AoE mod

    RAM021
Sign In or Register to comment.