Skip to content

Convenience Script - Instant store access, Easy prebuffing, Bard song, Find traps

ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
edited March 2015 in IWD:EE Mods
Convenience Script Mod
for IWD:EE

This mod adds a player script which provides basic attack and skill functionality as well as hotkeys to activate some special convenience features. The convenience features can only be activated out of combat.

Characters with stealth ability will automatically enter stealth when out of combat.

Bards will automatically sing their bard song every 6 seconds (bypassing the skill icon) if they are not taking another action. True-class bards will sing Tymora's Melody once they have it. Skalds will sing their skald song. To sing another song, you must use the skill icon.

Attack Functionality:
Warriors will approach enemies and attack. Non-warriors will attack enemies within weapon range but will not approach distant enemies. Characters will not stop detecting traps, singing a bardsong, or turning undead to attack, but they will break invisibility or stealth. To keep a character in stealth, toggle off AI.

Hotkeys:
"K" - Opens a store, allowing you to sell items immediately without trekking back to town. A party leader with 20 charisma should be able to buy and sell items at *almost* the same price. Also, the store has no price depreciation. You should activate this hotkey with only the party leader selected.
"B" - Gives selected characters instant casting with no recovery for 6 seconds, for your prebuffing convenience.
"T" - Gives selected thieves the Find Traps effect. Use this multiple times to find traps faster, without the need to juggle stealth and detect traps modes.

Notes:
If you want to use a Jester, replace "SPCL542A" with "SPCL751A". This should replace skald support with jester support.

Changelog
v2:
added support for skald song
bards should now keep song active while attacking. (non-warriors now use AttackOneRound instead of AttackReevaluate)
v3:
script added to scripts folder not override... it should actually work now... oops!

by ManiacalFreak
Post edited by ManiacalFreak on

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

"K" - Opens a store, allowing you to sell items immediately without trekking back to town. A party leader with 20 charisma should be able to buy and sell items at *almost* the same price. Also, the store has no price depreciation. You should activate this hotkey with only the party leader selected.

Wow, talk about breaking the immersion in the game! No thanks.

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I like this! Smart functions! I'll give it a try next game.
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    This sounds awesome! Makes me wanna play a bard (something I've never done; feel free to roast me about it)
  • jigglefloydjigglefloyd Member Posts: 21
    I really like the easy buffing option. It's a slight cheat because it increases the longevity of some buffs because you do them all practically instantly, but when you get to higher level this is not a huge deal.
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    I love this script. Any chance to get it to work with BG:EE and BG2:EE?
  • geekifiergeekifier Member Posts: 1
    I love the script - it makes my solo run so much more doable, and the game feel less like a chore / dated due to having to constantly run back to town thanks to the 'K' hotkey.

However, I have a question about prices. What are they based on? I noticed they are MUCH more favorable than shop keepers in town. Are you taking CHA into account? I saw such a high discrepancy that I only use it to sell 'junk' items, and still hang on to nice magical items. It just felt weird getting offered almost 10,000 gold for an item from the Vale of Shadows.
  • RiamaijinRiamaijin Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone gotten this to work recently? I tried to install and it had a fatal error because it would not allow writing to dialog.tlk. Everything was pathed correctly, and I ran the installer as an administrator.
  • ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2018
    Porcelyn said:

I love this script. Any chance to get it to work with BG:EE and BG2:EE?

I just re-released this for BG:EE and BG2:EE
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72379/convenience-script-mod-for-bg-ee-and-bg2-ee