Skip to content

What power do you pick?

2»

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Speaking of Magneto, @the_spyder, the applications of his ability are always underused. Magnetism and electric currents are interconnected--electric currents induce magnetic field and magnetic field can induce electric currents--so if he wanted to disable someone he could stop the electrical currents in their nervous system. Or he could cause all their neurons to fire simultaneously, especially their pain receptors--ouch. You wouldn't even have to totally disable them because shutting down their optic nerves would render them blind (presuming they aren't already blind), which would be disabling enough when it happens so suddenly.

Back in the 80s Old Maggie had a LOT of power. I don't know what he is like today (other than what I've seen in the latest movies) but he had almost unlimited power. He could grab the iron in a person's body and immobilize them. He pulled that stunt on Wolvie even after his skeleton got removed. Boy wasn't that a shocker. flying? Check. generating Armor? Check. Paralyzing people? Check. Forcing them to do his will? Check. Moving entire asteroids? Check. Disabling technology (even if there was no iron involved) check. I guess that over the years and various writers, he has had just about every power in the book.

There's a reason why he is considered more a force of nature than a mutant.

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Teleportation is too

good.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Honestly between teleportation, telekinesis, invisibility, and shapeshifting. If you can't tell o did it them you have no evidence.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Perfect electrokinesis, At first I'd be happy making giant lightning bolts and causing light to explode. But then realize, I basically have control over electrons. Over atoms. I then become a walking philosophers stone.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Flying. Or the power to convert any element into any other element. I can make platinum? Woo-hoo! Or, for that matter turn Cubic Zirconium into Diamonds… :) But after those two, I'd definitely go for healing powers- heal others, heal me… it's all good.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited August 2015
    Since none of those 'superpowers' can heal the world of the injustices, inequality and polution I long to relieve the world of, I just mention the one I was hoping for to have when I was a young kid cycling to school and being late. Actually, it wasn't a teleporting superpower I longed for but the ability to cast a Teleport spell creating a portal in front of me that would exit at the school's entrance.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725