Skip to content

Xzar and Montaron disappeared in Chapter 3

My party was a bit crowded so this time through the game I decided not to pick them up until after I was done with the Nashkel mines. Unfortunately I went back to their usual spot east of Candlekeep and they're gone...I did some digging in old forum posts and found out that occasionally either Khalid and Jaheira or Xzar and Montaron vanish from the game in Chapter 3 if their quest isn't completed by then.

It'll drive me crazy not having the entire crew of NPCs crammed in Kagain's shop like I usually do, so is there a fix for this? Could I spawn them with a CLUA code and invite them into the party, or is there another way to get them back long enough to recruit them?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'm pretty sure that if you don't interact with them them they'll despawn when you get to Nashkel or something.

No way to get them back except by cheating.
    Quartz
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    It's CLUA time!
    JuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Wowo said:

I'm pretty sure that if you don't interact with them them they'll despawn when you get to Nashkel or something.

Yes, if you're in Chapter 3 or above, and you've never added them to your party, then Xzar & Monty will disappear.
    IF
    GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)
    Exists("Montaron")
    !InParty("Montaron")
    !BeenInParty("Montaron")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride("Montaron",DestroySelf())
    Continue()
    END
    Quartz
  • foster79foster79 Member Posts: 30
    Wowo said:

I am completely fine with cheating. Does anyone know the specific console codes I need to use? if I just spawn them and talk to them will they join normally like Nashkel hasn't happened yet?
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    C:CreateCreature("montar")
    C:CreateCreature("xzar")

If you fancy spawning them at a higher level you can try "montar2", "montar4" or "montar6".
    Similarly, "xzar2", "xzar4" or "xzar6".

If they don't join your party simply by speaking, you can force join them. Hover the cursor over them and press CTRL+Q
    QuartzJuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Jace said:

C:CreateCreature("montar")
    C:CreateCreature("xzar")

If you fancy spawning them at a higher level you can try "montar2", "montar4" or "montar6".
    Similarly, "xzar2", "xzar4" or "xzar6".

If they don't join your party simply by speaking, you can force join them. Hover the cursor over them and press CTRL+Q

Just don't do that in the area you would first meet them, or the area script will remove them again. :smile:
    QuartzJuliusBorisov
  • foster79foster79 Member Posts: 30
    Thanks guys, got them back long enough to cram them into Kagain's shop with the other NPCs and then give them the boot. All is right with the world!
    JuliusBorisov