Skip to content

Jester's Chain why's it not proper bard armour?

SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
Why can't I cast spells in it? It's bard chainmail, why would a bard wear armour that stops her/him from casting? Even if you could cast spells in it, it wouldn't be the best armour for bards, but that could be over looked because of it's cool factor. I mean that armour is hella shiny, what can't be other looked is it's stopping spell casting.

My questions is there a mod for this armour out there that lets you cast in it? If not would how would I go about modding it for myself?

Comments

• CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    As far as I know, there isn't an existing mod for this. However, it should be fairly easy to mod yourself...just create a new item file with the same name, appearance, stats, etc., but allowing arcane magic and put it in the override folder. Or you can just go into NearInfinity and modify the original item.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    All you have to do is go into NearInfinity and find CHAN10.ITM, then remove the property that disables the spellcasting button.

Also I believe @elminster has a variety of item fixes/tweaks which includes allowing the Jester's Chain to cast spells.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    The "Item Revisions" mod fixes it, but it also changes a lot of other weapons and armor, so I'd check the Readme file before installing it.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited July 2015
    Preach! Been saying this for years. Would love to see it be Binky the Buffooon's armor and have a quest in which you have to return it to him. Would explain his shininess.

Speaking of needing a new tailor, you know what else sounds like a bard item? Your name, Smiling Sword!

Bard Spring Catalog Collection
    -Jester's Armor
    -Smiling Sword
    -The new bard hat in Siege of Dragonspear that @Amber_Scott designed

Man, all these petitions going around and no one is asking for the good stuff
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I cannot find this item using DLTCEP.
    What is is name (for instance, ILEAT04, TTLEAT...)?