Skip to content

IWD Quick Question 1: A Party

So i am going to play the Icewind Dale Series to wait until SoD comes out and i need help making a party the only character i have is a cavalier so can you guys help me on making a party

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Cavalier
    Vanilla Bard
    Elf Avenger Druid
    Dwarf Fighter/Cleric
    Half-Orc Swashbuckler
    Dragon Disciple
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited July 2015
    Mage spell scrolls are pretty scarce compared to the BG series, so you don't want more than 2 mages - or even better, a Mage and a Bard.

Seriously, have a Bard in your party. Preferably a true class one, though the Skald is also very useful.

Druids are way more powerful (and have way better spells) than in BG. If you're undecided between a Cleric and a Druid, the latter is a solid alternative.

Single-classed Thieves are not the best way to go - after level 10, they don't get a lot of worthwhile new abilities. Dual or multi-class will pay off better in the long run.

Also worth noting: some parts of this game can be deadly, and unless you're reloading every time someone dies, trips to a temple will be fairly common. Raise Dead doesn't work on Elves - only Resurrection, which is way more expensive.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    edited July 2015
    Paladin
    R/C
    F>D or F/D
    Bard
    T>M or (F/)M/T
    Sorc
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Cavalier...
    Undead hunter..
    Paladin..
    Inquisitor.
    Cleric of Tyr
    Cleric of Lathander

You are on a Holy Crusade to Purge the Evil and wicked from the North. There has been rumours brewing in the south, of Evil stirring in Icewind Dale. You and your fellow church initiates are sent by the Church to investigate the happenings in Icewind dale. What ensues is the greatest Trial of Faith, A Baptism by Fire and Ice, in the cold, windy North.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    It should be

Cavalier
    Undead Hunter-While he was in the background in bg, He just shines in Icewind dale.
    Swashbuckler or Bard-Bards are good with there songs, but they require to much attribute management for me to like.
    Druid/Fighter Druid-Druids are always a key to my victory in Icewind dale
    Sorcerer>Mage-While you can work with mages, but the limited spells scrolls add difficulty.
    Cleric or Swashbuckler/Assassin/Shadowdancer- I like to have a cleric if I picked swashbuckler, but if I picked a Bard I would need a thief. Depending on the weapon my bard uses I need to pick to fit the role of a back line archer or a frontline fighter or a backstabber.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    T2av said:

Cavalier...
    Undead hunter..
    Paladin..
    Inquisitor.
    Cleric of Tyr
    Cleric of Lathander

You are on a Holy Crusade to Purge the Evil and wicked from the North. There has been rumours brewing in the south, of Evil stirring in Icewind Dale. You and your fellow church initiates are sent by the Church to investigate the happenings in Icewind dale. What ensues is the greatest Trial of Faith, A Baptism by Fire and Ice, in the cold, windy North.

They need a Skald to chronicle the tale!