Skip to content

Yes, another mod install topic

rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 165
I used the stickied modlist compatible for BG2:EE, using the download links available. I then found what I believed to be my game directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00783). I tried to install DungeonBeGone, and tested it in game. It worked, no issues. I then returned to the list and began installation of the mods in order. TotDG was first on the list, and gave me the "wrong directory, d-bag" message (at least that was how it felt :)). Same with Back to Brynnlaw. At that point I stopped. I did read there might be other locations for where you install mods, but why did one work and now the others do not? I did check, and most if not all said they were updated for EE. Please help!

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2015
    Please start with a clean install and use Big World Setup to download and install your mods. Use the download link in tbe first post.
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 165
    Thanks, I will give it a shot. I am worried about the clean install part, as I can't get the stand alone to work. I will research uninstalling then go from there. Thanks again, and if you have more insights I am all ears!
    I did always assume BiG was the thing that tied BG with BG2/ToB. I guess I haven't been keeping up with the times.
    edited July 2015
    You can double click the same weidu.exe or whatver the name of the mod.exe that you used to install to also uninstall that mods. Or you can uninstall the game completely first and reinstall. From now on when you use BWS you can create an instance to install mods to so that you can keep your vanilla install and not have to worry about a bad install.
    OK, now I am lost in the sauce on how to run the BiG World setup. I cannot find the executable file. I am at the end of my day (and having taken sleeping meds, dead to the world). Maybe I am just as sharp as a bowling ball, but I am not getting this. Appreciate any pity you can take on me.
    edited July 2015
    @rossbach451 Download the program from this link and unrar it: https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup/get/master.zip Then double Click on BiG World Setup.vbs

Follow the instructions. Choose which mods you want to download and install :smiley:
    Did it! Thanks again!