Skip to content

Must... contain... rage... (possible Spoilers)

sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
Is there a way to break back IN to the Spellhold maze?

Acquired bag of holding, loaded it up with high value items while John C. Rielly and Will Ferrell's exclamation 'Look at all the room for activities!' rang out in my head. Made it out of the maze, survived the showdown and then, while scavenging the battlefield and doing a bit of inventory re-arrangement, saw that the bag was gone.

Probably one of those 'I can carry no more, that item has been dropped' moments that escaped my notice.

Now all I can hear is Jason Bateman's 'Pepper Brooks' from Dodgeball taunting me; "Ouch-town, population you, bro!"

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry in a corner. Then, when I can return to the game, see if I can't find my way back into the place.

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    There is no way to get back into the maze, but you can still console in/EEkeeper your items
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited July 2015
    @sluckers
    Do you know in which room or area you lost it ?

The global idea is to "console" you to that area and then back again to your current area.
    You can try this if running on a PC - no idea how to proceed on mobile devices.

1-The line
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    is required in your baldur.ini file. (no final comma if this is your last line)

2- Launch the game, Note your current area number (press x while the cursor is on the map, it will indicate the mouse position and your current area).

3- After that, call the console with ctrl + space
    and type the following line at the bottom of the screen:
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ar****")
    where ar**** is the file name of the area you want to go to.
    You can read a list of area codes here: http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/appendices/area_lists/bg2aref.htm
    In your case this is one of the ar15** code, likely to be ar1512 or ar1513 or ar1514
    Find your bag.
    Then call the console again and type the same command but this time you use the area code seen in step 2.

Don't know if the game will save the state of all areas but you try, it just takes a few seconds to do so.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't know which bag is the one from Spellhold, but the code for an empty, bottomless bag is BAG31, if you want to console it in.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BAG31");
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the info. I managed to get the CLUA console working, but warping in a new bag just didn't feel right. I have gotten over the loss of the Bag of Holding somewhat... It's my first play through of Baldur's Gate 2 and using the console to "cheat" and undo a mistake that was fairly made seemed a bit cheap. That's what happens when you don't pay attention, I guess. I'll just have to take the lesson and man up.

While the bag on first sight kind of blew my mind, the items inside (I realized later) were likely only to be sold, as I'd stashed them away upon finding new items. So I suppose all I really missed out on was a good chunk of gold in the end. Many thousands, no doubt, but just gold. I'll simply have to kill a few more baddies to make up for it.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    basically there are only 2 items I can see that might make it to ToB from the spell hold maze; the ring of regeneration and the iounstone that gives you +1 AC as long as none of those were in the bag, then you are right, the rest would probably would have been sold since you would have found better items eventually