Skip to content

Divorce difficulty factors

NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
I know that this has been requested a number of times in the past, but as far as I can see from my searches, no definite answer has ever been given. Please forgive me if I am wrong.

My request is this: Let the difficulty slider be about only the damage monsters do. For maximum HP, permanent death and spell learning, let's have three separate, togglable options.
RAM021billbisco

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hahaha, I was gonna be like "You aren't supposed to sleep with Aerie the first time!"
    SmilingSwordelminster
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    I want to marry Dorn :(
    booinyoureyeselminster
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Amusing as it would be for me to be a smartarse and go on about the various definitions of the words 'divorce' and 'factors' which could make various nonsensical interpretations of the OP I would simply (and politely) like to ask "Why?" - wouldn't it just make things even more confusing for people who are new to the game (especially HP options which are difficult enough for newbies to get their heads around at the best of times).
    lolien
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    I married Viconia, it didn't end well.
    booinyoureyesDJKajuruCrevsDaakAedan
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The title implications cannot have been an accident.

On topic. Yes. It would give tactic mod makers a blessing for difficulty-scaled encounters.
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    dunbar said:

Why?" - wouldn't it just make things even more confusing for people who are new to the game (especially HP options which are difficult enough for newbies to get their heads around at the best of times).

As you say yourself, Baldur's Gate will remain confusing to newbies in any case. At the very least, we could have these options in the Baldur.ini file if not within the game interface.
    booinyoureyes
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    All jokes aside, I support these requests 100%.
    Max HP on level-up has its own button in IWD, doesn't it? It can't be that difficult.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I see what you mean now, a sort of 'second level' of option settings that the individual player can access and tweak if they want to - makes sense.
    booinyoureyes
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    Can I hope to get an official confirmation (or rejection) here as to whether something along the lines of these changes will ever be implemented in the game?