Skip to content

Cinematic for Durlag's Tower

kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
No Beregost or Gnoll Stronghold cinematic/intro artwork due to budget constraints is understandable, but no Durlag's Tower artwork cinematic feels one cut too deep in quality and diminishing the player experience.

Durlag's Tower is a significant area (a massive flagship area even) - yet the resources were put in for even the shipwreck map on werewolf isle to get its own cinematic; the omission of Durlag seems inconsistent and is sorely felt.

Please please please can the developer/artwork gods return a Durlag intro :)
gugulug5000sarevok57Sertorius

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322

No Beregost or Gnoll Stronghold cinematic/intro artwork due to budget constraints is understandable, but no Durlag's Tower artwork cinematic feels one cut too deep in quality and diminishing the player experience.

Durlag's Tower is a significant area (a massive flagship area even) - yet the resources were put in for even the shipwreck map on werewolf isle to get its own cinematic; the omission of Durlag seems inconsistent and is sorely felt.

Please please please can the developer/artwork gods return a Durlag intro :)

Maybe after Dragonspear ;)
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Given that Durlag's Tower was a new addition to an old game made by different developers I think such "inconsistencies" can be forgiven - the fact that it fits in so well is in fact a credit to the developers.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    edited April 2019
    https://www.deviantart.com/winterkeep/art/Durlag-s-Tower-792800223

Winter Keep has painted a superb Durlag's Tower
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    The classic movies mod is a must have for me. It replaces all the movies with the originals. I like how the cinematic here matches the artwork, right down to the broken chains on the gatehouse. A little less quality than some of the newer stuff but these movies are fine as they are in lew of nothing at all.

Aedanjoluv
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    The classic movies mod is a must have for me. It replaces all the movies with the originals. I like how the cinematic here matches the artwork, right down to the broken chains on the gatehouse. A little less quality than some of the newer stuff but these movies are fine as they are in lew of nothing at all.

Whoever was filming that movie was lucky they didn't have to fight the Battle Horrors.
    joluvZaghoul
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I didn't have Tales of the Sword Coast back in the day, so this was my first time ever seeing the Durlag's intro. Very cool, thanks for posting it!
    Zaghoul