Skip to content

[Mod] Level up screen for Yeslick's shows incorrect saving throw reductions

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited November 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Yeslick has a bug while level up from level 4 to 5.

His save throws instead of reduce or do not change, are being increased, making him weaker.

This happens specifically with Paralize/Poison/Death, Rod/Staff/Wand and Spell, all being increased by 1.

Following attached, an print of this fact and a saved game with Yeslick leveling up from 4° level to 5° level.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @kamuizin‌
    Level 4 Yeslick should have 5 9 12 15 10. Your level 4 Yeslick has 3 7 11 14 8, with modifiers of (-1) for all even if unequipped.

The level up is simply restoring the correct values of 5 9 12 13 10, and the game engine doesn't seem able to handle this in the feedback. Since this shouldn't happen I don't think we should be investigating that but should instead look at why your version of him has incorrect saving throws.

The options I can think of are that something has affected him in-game or he has been changed in an editor or mod. Is your game modded, and have you used an editor at any point.
    Thanks
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    The game is modded with BG NPC project (v20141017a), SCS (v28), Item Randomizer and Wizard Slayer Rebalancing (V111).

I opened the game with EE keeper before to change Coran and Safana, stricly in their thief skills, only that and nothing more.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    hmm, BG1 NPC mentions a couple of things around Yeslick. It sounds more likely to be a mod than your edits, uninstalling and trying them one at a time is probably the only way to tell.

I'm going to mark this as a mod issue until we get a report of it happening in an unmodded game.
    Thanks
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2015
    Did you ever find this happen in an unmodded game? (or even a game that didn't have BG1 NPC project installed)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    elminster said:

Did you ever find this happen in an unmodded game? (or even a game that didn't have BG1 NPC project installed)

didn't tried other BG:EE games for a while. Gonna make a new run with Dark side of the sword coast installed soon, i was pretending to install BG1 NPC project again, if you want i can skip it just to test Yeslick, as the DSotSC NPCs have their proper banters if i'm not wrong.