Skip to content

Where do you map your hotkeys?

valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
Im playing with a sorcerer and I know we can bind any spell to any key. I feel that (esp for a sorcerer) I should take advantage of that. (Could we always do that or is it a EE feature?)

I dont want to change the default bindings (for things like map, quicksave, journal, etc) too much, so I figured Id ask what ways you guys decide to bind your spell hotkeys if you do it at all. I admit that for the longest time I never even looked into the possibility, but I think it would be cool.

Do you rebind default keys to get more contiguous space for spell hotkeys on your keyboard, or have you found a good setup without touching them? As far as I'm concerned, being about to set up about 20 spell hotkeys in roughly contiguous keyboard space would be perfect. Thanks for sharing your tips!

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I don't, but if I did, it would be the keys above the spacebar. ZXCVBN I would move spell book from B to S as I usually press that first any way when attempting to shortcut to it.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    That's always been an option, even in the original games, though I've never bothered with it. There's just too many spells you could map out.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I never have yet. I like to pause a lot and look at the situation, consider my options, micro a bit. I never considered it a fast paced enough game to learn the hotkeys.

Starcraft 2 I didn't have a choice. . . :P
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    edited August 2015
    Although it's unrelated to spells hotkeys, I always make Z for a thieving button if a party has a cleric/thief.