Skip to content

Temples aren't resurrecting my companions?

Minsc went down, Didn't realize he was even dead after I quick saved, auto saved was miles back, trying to resurrect him at the Temple next to Beregost, Gave a thousand dollars to the temple priest, nothing? still greyed out, I don't have a druid yet, I can't buy Raise dead spells, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks..

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited August 2015
    Oddly I would suggest cheating at this point, if you wish to continue your game from here and don't mind having a little cheat. . .

Or if you don't want to cheat you could upload the save and I will fix it for you, no questions asked. *Looks shady.*
    CaptRory
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Are you selecting his portrait before asking for the raise?

Do you have enough gold to have the spell cast?
    CaptRoryCaloNord
  • Crytek7Crytek7 Member Posts: 23
    deltago said:

Are you selecting his portrait before asking for the raise?

Do you have enough gold to have the spell cast?

Yeah tried that, nothing happens, could be a bug, I might leave Minsc and get a replacement, I wish he was in my party because he's a prominent character in BG2, but we move on., thanks..
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Mm I've never had an issue raising a character. You just need to select the cures tab, select the character portrait, select the spell and hit buy.

Maybe try starting a new test game and see if you can raise any old person. Even do it in another game like bg2 or IWD as presumably if there is a bug it won't be in both games.
    Crytek7
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    It is possible for a character to die beyond the ability to resurrect them. Maybe that's what happened.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @Belanos It is but I thought they got removed from the party automatically when that happened. If a character takes too much damage they get "chunked". And if they're turned to stone then smashed, or disintegrated, or Imprisoned I thought they got auto-kicked from the party. Could be wrong on that count though.
    Crytek7
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I'm not sure what the mechanics are in that situation, it's never happened to me. In fact, if any of my team gets killed I always just reload a previous saved game from before they died. I can't be bothered going to a Temple to try and bring them back.
    Wowo said:

Mm I've never had an issue raising a character. You just need to select the cures tab, select the character portrait, select the spell and hit buy.

Maybe try starting a new test game and see if you can raise any old person. Even do it in another game like bg2 or IWD as presumably if there is a bug it won't be in both games.

I think he got incinerated, when I go to cure option at the temple, his portrait disappears, then i come out of the interface he's portrait is greyed out? I think he's too far gone maybe.
    CaloNord said:

Oddly I would suggest cheating at this point, if you wish to continue your game from here and don't mind having a little cheat. . .

Or if you don't want to cheat you could upload the save and I will fix it for you, no questions asked. *Looks shady.*

Do you know the command to raise dead?
    edited August 2015
    With the cheats enable you point your mouse at their portrait and use Ctrl + R if I recall. I don't cheat that often but sometimes it can be handy to fix bugs like this. :)

It's possible you left ressing at the church too long. Sometimes if I leave it for a long time it won't resurrect the dead.
    CaptRoryJuliusBorisovlolien
    CaloNord said:

With the cheats enable you point your mouse at their portrait and use Ctrl + R if I recall. I don't cheat that often but sometimes it can be handy to fix bugs like this. :)

It's possible you left ressing at the church too long. Sometimes if I leave it for a long time it won't resurrect the dead.

Thanks! that fixed it for now, I'm saving after ever battle, cheers..
    CaloNordJuliusBorisov
    No problem my good man! :) Enjoy. :)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    edited August 2015
    Until you know what you're really doing:

Make a save at the start of each chapter and don't touch it. Make a save when you enter a new map and don't touch it til you leave. And keep a rotation of five or so save slots that you go through. And you might want to have a couple ready in case you get the opportunity to save in the middle of a battle. That's pretty rare but you don't want to reload into an unwinnable state.

At this point I've played so much that I know when to save because things are going to get kind of sticky or possibly glitchy but mostly just have three saves I rotate through.
    Crytek7SCARY_WIZARD
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Crytek7 said:

Wowo said:

I think he got incinerated, when I go to cure option at the temple, his portrait disappears, then i come out of the interface he's portrait is greyed out? I think he's too far gone maybe.
    If you can still see his portrait in your party then he isn't permanently dead. The greyed out status is to simply indicate that he is dead.

His portrait might not appear on the donation, shop or identify tabs but it should be there on the cure tab (the first tab to the left of the donation bowl tab).

From there you just need to select the raise dead spell and then Minsc' portrait and have the money to pay the cost (200gp per level or something iirc).

Good luck!

Crytek7JuliusBorisov