Skip to content

Now when the weapon transfer is available, what would your choice be?

13»

Comments

• chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    edited August 2015
    Still really wish I could use the dagger of venom in BG2. I really thought BG2:EE was going to allow it.
    SkatanDJKajuru
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @chickenhed If you want the Dagger of venom in BG2, you can find it if you start the Neera's questline.
    chickenhedsemiticgoddess
  • Mostly I like the Sling +3, because it's a solid ranged weapon that a lot of NPC's (not to mention a casting PC) can use effectively for a while. But all the stuff about Burning Earth has me reconsidering, because I would like to be able to kill that golem sitting just outside the jail area in Irenicus's dungeon...
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    bengoshi said:

@chickenhed If you want the Dagger of venom in BG2, you can find it if you start the Neera's questline.

REALLY!?

I did not know this....
    JuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Sentimental reasons.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovjinxed75
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    I go with The Burning Earth if I'm a melee character, Bala's Axe or Varscona if I'm a spell caster for use by my party since otherwise they're not found in the game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
    Staff Spear for me. A little murder for my Wizard is a boon early in.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SaephaanSaephaan Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    to be honest you should allow crimson dawn to import... it's the only good katana and it's from SoD and it's not too op. please add :( also Cornugon's revenge +2 since it's cursed as the claw of K why it isn't on the list :(
    semiticgoddess
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2016
    Was this not implemented? He still gave me the Sword of Chaos +2 with no option.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

Was this not implemented? He still gave me the Sword of Chaos +2 with no option.

I read they reverted it. Now the djinn give only that
    JuliusBorisov
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    lol
  • ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81
    Got the Sword of Chaos from the genie too, the cambion had a bastard sword +1.

Did find Suryris's Blade +2 on table near the sewage golem but didn't have it on me for when I imported
  • ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81
    just tested with a new game, the weapons seemed to have been moved to the table next to the golem
    Aerakar
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    A shame that class specific items such as the Stalker's Gauntlets or Wizard's hat aren't transfered,
    kamuizinsemiticgoddessJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2016
    I don't have 1.3 beta, but I got Bala's Axe from the table in the room with golem in Jon's dungeon... meaning, within 10 minutes of starting the game. I was trying out a Dwarven Defender running with dual axes. My god. Whirlwind of destruction, mages need not apply.

Well, I assume it was Bala's. It's an axe with the same effects and abilities, anyways.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited September 2016
    Undeads are annoying enemies and this weapon can toast all of them.

It's a nice addition to any Undead Hunter collection (with Mace of Disruption, Daystar and Azuredge).

Carsomyr be damned.
  • PeldinPeldin Member Posts: 46
    My Fighter/Mage from BG1 is proficient with longswords, longbows, and dual wield style. I've read that BG2 is already populated with a lot of good longswords which makes me think going with the Sling +3 for a party member would be the best "power-gamer" strategy. Do you guys agree? I'm just thinking that going for Varscona or Burning Earth would help me early on but be replaced relatively quickly, however I don't know BG2 very well.

I guess TLDR would be - which weapon would be the most efficient for my F/M with longsword/longbow/dual wield proficiencies.
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Yes, lots and lots of good longswords.

Burning Earth, Equalizer, Daystar, Namarra, Angurvadal, Blackrazor, Peridan, Adjatha, The Answerer...

Some have nice combat stats, some give nice immunities, some have awesome special abilities.
    DaevelonJuliusBorisov
  • PeldinPeldin Member Posts: 46
    I guess I'll go withe Burning Earth instead of the Sling +3. I can always try something different on my next play through! (I think that's going to be my motto from now on)
    PK2748
  • AriusArius Member Posts: 92
    edited October 2016
    the acid long sword or the crimson katanna or the fire scimatar or the fractal blade short sword. personally I think all non NPC specific items should transfer. Excepting NPC's that transfer like jaheria and NPC items like the "GIFT" for example.
    Post edited by Arius on
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

One of my utter favs, however, is not on the list! If I could keep any weapon on me it would be Dagger +2: Longtooth. Just because it's so cool :)

Longtooth isn't listed in this poll, but it IS one of the weapons which can be transferred on import. (In my previous run I had a dual-dagger-wielding F/T protagonist, so I did indeed import Longtooth with him.)
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Balas Axe.. Never actually used it all that much, but I can see how useful it would be.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @recklessheart and @Gallowglass Longtooth is listed in the poll, as Grave Binder +2. It's another name of this dagger.
    AerakarrecklessheartGallowglass
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    That dagger is monopolizing cool weapon names.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

@recklessheart and @Gallowglass Longtooth is listed in the poll, as Grave Binder +2. It's another name of this dagger.

Oops, yes, my bad, I forgot the alternative name!
    JuliusBorisov