Skip to content

About Wave and Black Pits 2.

On the description, it says that Wave can slay salamanders and efreeti. I was just wondering whether this actually applies to Dormamus and Thaskk Kun of the Planar Hunters as well, that are respectively an efreet and a salamander? Has anyone tried this?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Bosses are often immune to instant-death effects (like Wave against the aforementioned, or Crom Faeyr against trolls/ettins/golems, or Mace of Disruption against undead, etc. etc.), but not always. I haven't tested this, but I would expect the EE to be fairly consistent about this, and have safeguards in place to stop instant-kills of boss or boss-like mobs.
    Yannir
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    I guess I'll just have to try this meself.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @Lord_Tansheron : you can imprison all of them except The Winged (who is the real boss, others are merely a decent level warparty), so it stands a fair chance that you can as well Vorpal them, though I have not tested it yet.

@Yannir sorry I can't help you more than that
    Almost time for testing this. Will report on any success or failure a bit later, maybe tomorrow.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Yannir ? The forum has been awaiting for your report for 2,5 months :)
    Yannir
    @bengoshi Oh yeah, I totally forgot this thread! Wave works. Atleast on Thaskk Kun, haven't had a chance to test it on Dormamus yet.

@BillyYank Next one? Haven't even had my first one yet.. :smiley:
    JuliusBorisov
    Btw, Wave is not a vorpal weapon, it's a slayer weapon. So are all weapons that have an insta-kill effect against specific enemy-types. I don't know if there's a practical difference between them in the coding, but when you are using Mace of Disruption for example, you don't get the vorpal hit-message.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Yannir said:

Btw, Wave is not a vorpal weapon, it's a slayer weapon. So are all weapons that have an insta-kill effect against specific enemy-types. I don't know if there's a practical difference between them in the coding, but when you are using Mace of Disruption for example, you don't get the vorpal hit-message.

You do get "undead destroyed" message. However with Crom Faeyr which is closer to the wave I guess, you do not get any message upon slaying trolls or golems