Skip to content

Transfers Chars to SoD from NON-EE BG 1 & 2

Hello,
Have a few questions about tranfering chars into bg/1/2/3/ee world :)
First of all, ive never played EE editions (said for em myself that they are cheating, cuz in bg1 you use all the cool kits from bg2 for ex... and yeah forbid myself to play em :))
Month ago started to adventure again (bg1 non EE, just old school, remember the 6 disks + XP edition books :P). Decided to made a several chars to beat bg2 on last difficulty, so a week ago started bg2 and everything was ok until that bg3 (or whatever number its (more likely 1,5 if is connection between parts)) news revealed and that chars from bgs EE would be transferable to this Siege of Dragonspear thingy. So to the questions.
Is it possible to transfer from bg1 and 2 to bg1 and 2 EEs so then to tranfer em to the SoD (or some other mix of transfers to be able to play the SoD with my chars)
Or i must start over again if i want to play with the same chars?

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    I believe backwards compatibility with Cre files was on purpose. You should be able to import a vanilla bg1 or bg2 npc to an EE counterpart.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    edited July 2015
    Forget what I said I need to work on my reading comprehension..lol
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    However beamdog stated that you had to own BG:EE to get Siege of Dragonspear since SoD is an expansion, like TotSC or ToB
    GallowglassJuliusBorisov
  • orionmntorionmnt Member Posts: 3
    Thanks all, so rip Vanilla players and my plan now is :)
    Finish my bg2 vanilla run, then transfer to bg2 EE, then without playing just re-transfer to SoD. Does it sound legit/correct?
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    You might try vanilla BG/TalesoftheSwordCoast, and then import your character into BG:EE and continue that way.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    We do not know what level range will be SoD but as it is a BG expansion it is most likely to be somewhere between 50 000 and 500 000 exp (giving a large scale) so you had better import your BG character to EE (there was a tutorial to do that somewhere on the forum) and then to SoD (a BG2 character would necessarily be overpowered)
    JuliusBorisov
  • orionmntorionmnt Member Posts: 3
    I see, well shoulda work, thanks, lets hope SoD is some challenge then :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The file format hasn't changed. You can import your vanilla BG1 or BG2, or even ToB character to BGEE and, if you've bought the SoD expansion, then import this character to SoD.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/139933/#Comment_139933
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/141037/#Comment_141037
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    It looks like you could transfer into SoD, but I don't think the non-EE BG2 will know what to do with the SoD save game if you try to import it.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    cmk24 said:

It looks like you could transfer into SoD, but I don't think the non-EE BG2 will know what to do with the SoD save game if you try to import it.

Yeah, the stuff can't go back to vanilla. It is difficult enough to make EE able to import vanilla.