Skip to content

REQUEST: Jedi & Sith mod to BG1EE and BG2EE

leiyunleiyun Member Posts: 6
can someone make this mod compatible with BG EE and BG2EE?

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45455

:-)

thank you
booinyoureyes

Comments

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Jedi and Sith mods.... isn't that what a fighter/mage is? :P
  • leiyunleiyun Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2014
    Well, a bit yeah :P but this is the mod I wanted to try back in the old bg2 :) since I've got the EEdition I thought it would be nice if I could try this out here. Supposedly this mod comes with unique items that evolve and change appearance with levels, which seems pretty interesting - also there were new HLA different for Jedi and Sith :P Unfortunately, I don't know anything about editing/creating mods so I decided to ask for help here :-)
    Post edited by leiyun on
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    I loved these kits as well! Bring them back!
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    Just add the lib directory inside the mod after you extract it in C:/Baldur...... directory and use the .tp2 provided, have fun!
    edited January 2015
    Thanks a lot! I'm off to try it out then :-)
    Edit:
    still getting error
    SKIPPING: [Jedi & Sith Kits (ToB Required)]

if it's not too much work, maybe you could compile the mod anew? :P
    edited January 2015
    In order for the mod to be installed in BG2EE it must have a clear path to 25Dialog.bif
    In the .tp2 sent it is C:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Data/25Dialog.bif as:
    BEGIN @77051
    REQUIRE_FILE ~C:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Data/25Dialog.bif~ @77051
    So if you have installed BG2EE in another directory for ex. C:/Programs/ edit the tp2 file with notepad to write:
    BEGIN @77051
    REQUIRE_FILE ~C:\Programs/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Data/25Dialog.bif~ @77051
    and you will be fine since everything else is already taken care of!
    Woah, thanks a lot! You Sir are the best! <333 It's working perfectly now :blush:
    Thank you for your kind words leiyun may the Force be always with you, cheers!!!
    leiyun
    btw. @ioannisman, will it work with bg:ee as well if I change path to X:\...\Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition\Dialog ?:P
  • eternal_waiteternal_wait Member Posts: 2
    I have noticed there are four lightsaber forms, but they do not seem to work. Any ideas?
    They do not change any appearance - just modify damage and THAC0. There are 7 forms in total. Should be working ok - gonna test it later today :p
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • eternal_waiteternal_wait Member Posts: 2
    as you level up more forms are unlocked, but the difference between each one is not clear
  • StubbsStubbs Member Posts: 4
    I tried my best, and still can not get through the mind field, called, this mod. Edited the file to the 25Dialog.Bif

BEGIN @77051
    REQUIRE_FILE ~C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\data\25Dialog.bif~ @77051

Error: BIFF [./DATA/DEFAULT.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unixerror<20, "stat", "./DATA/DEFAULT.BF">
    stopping installation because of error.

I'm so confused.. I disarm on error only to fall on another.

• StubbsStubbs Member Posts: 4
    Debug file >

Install Component [Jedi & Sith Kits (ToB Required)]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [Jedi & Sith Kits (ToB Required)]
    Checking for required files ...
    [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\data\25Dialog.bif] found: 1820464 bytes
    Adding JEDI Kit ...
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]
    ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/DEFAULT.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./DATA/DEFAULT.BIF")
    Stopping installation because of error.
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    Mine looks like this: F:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\data\25Dialog.bif

Is there a similar structure in your steam folder Stubbs?
  • deweaver1979deweaver1979 Member Posts: 3
    I really hate to resurrect this thread, but when I applied ioannisman's fixes, the kit seemed to work fine, except that the lightsabers showed only 0d6 damage, instead of their 2d12 or 2d8. Is there a reason for this? I put in a clean install of bg:ee and installed only this. same problem. :/
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I think it's because the lightsabers are not supposed to deal physical damage? Because the interface only displays the physical damage dealt by weapons. So basically the weapons are coded to deal 0 physical damage and 2d8 or 2d12 magic damage but the latter doesn't show.
  • deweaver1979deweaver1979 Member Posts: 3

I think it's because the lightsabers are not supposed to deal physical damage? Because the interface only displays the physical damage dealt by weapons. So basically the weapons are coded to deal 0 physical damage and 2d8 or 2d12 magic damage but the latter doesn't show.

Hmm, maybe I should actually hit something with them to be sure if it's only a display error...and wouldn't you know, it does appear to be only a display error. Did 5 damage to Shank with the 2d12 saber...and 15 to another Candlekeep assassin. Thank you for the help, Artimius_I