Skip to content

Lichdom\Vampirism

Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
Is there a mod that allows the undertaking of Lichdom\Vampirism for both games?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Not really, no. If I remember correctly there was a plan where Hexxat may "bless" CHARNAME with vampirism. But this faced complications with both the enhanced infinity engine and Baldur's Gate's plot line.

(You have to die first in order to become undead. But dying as a Bhaalspawn means that Bhaal assimilates your soul... ultimatly erasing your very existence.)

However, the Tome and Blood mod let's you play as the Revenant Sorcerer kit; descendants of vampires or similar powerful intelligent undead. They're akin to Dhampirs in that regard.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    If you use the Pale Master Necromancer Sub-kit in T&B you also gain undead immunities if I recall which is like all the benefits of Lichdom but without the Phylactery.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Vallmyr While that's true, from what I've read some months ago the Pale Master kit (as well as the Harper Mage, Red Wizard, Argent Savant, Elementalist, Starmetal Adept and Transmogrifist) will be removed in the upcoming release of Tome and Blood... for the sake of better mod compatibility. Not sure if that's still planned or not, though. I just hope that the (Dark) Necromancer kit replacement will successfully fill the void.

@Vallmyr While that's true, from what I've read some months ago the Pale Master kit (as well as the Harper Mage, Red Wizard, Argent Savant, Elementalist, Starmetal Adept and Transmogrifist) will be removed in the upcoming release of Tome and Blood... for the sake of better mod compatibility. Not sure if that's still planned or not, though. I just hope that the (Dark) Necromancer kit replacement will successfully fill the void.

Noooo
    /cries.
    Well I'm sure it's for the best.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    It's not necessarily a given. If you want to keep any kits, please let @Aquadrizzt know on the TnB thread.

I think the dark necromancer is going to be pretty cool though
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Awww that is so sad. I wonder why it could cause compatibility issues.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

I think the dark Necromancer kit in the next release of TnB is going to be pretty great... it's definitely too early to despair over any changes.

btw, not sure if this is the right place to ask but is T&B, P&P, and G&G (Was Guts and Guile the decided name?) going to be fully compatible eventually? Also, is there any news on Song & Silence in the mix or does G&G cover that area?
    Do you believe all those mods you mention are good for both BG1 and 2 + compatible with SCS?
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    If you have ideas for stuff that you would like to see in a mod that is related (at least nominally) to arcane magic, let me know in the Tome and Blood thread or through a PM and I'll see what I can do.

And yes, some of the existing kits in the current version of TnB are planned to be removed. However, if you are particularly attached to a specific kit, I can incorporate them into the new system. The compatibility issues that arose are that I'm converting the kits over to a new opposed school system and updating all of the kits to feel thematic without being redundant was proving more difficult than I wanted.

Again, if you have any suggestions for or preferences about the content of Tome and Blood, don't hesitate to comment in the TnB thread. I am always looking for new ideas.
    @Aquadrizzt I already did :smiley:
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited September 2015
    There was a mod for the old versions that let you turn into undead of various types.

Can't remember what it was called though.

If you were a 11th+ mage/sorcerer you could craft a phylactery (120,000 gold and required an area you could rest in...took 1 week to craft) and become a lich, which every time you "died" (couldn't drop below 1 hp), the phylactery shattered and full healed you, but you had to replace it to keep your immortality, and if you ever "died" without it, it chunked you. Also boosted int a little, +1 spells per spell level, immune to cold/electricity/fatigue/death/most mind affecting spells that don't work on undead, and permanent IA.

level 8+ could become a vampire which set your physical stats to the vampire level and buffed your mental stats a little and g, but being outside during the day caused you to lose 1/3 life per round, and would instantly kill you usually when fast travelling if you didn't carefully judge the timing. And if you "died", you'd turn into mist and reform after 10 rounds, but could only do so once per day.

there was a couple more, but I never tried them and can't remember what they were. Maybe a Death Knight i think was one...
    hey, that mod is very good!