Skip to content

Problem of Exiting the Map at Friendly Arms Inn

Hello

I am at Friendly Arms Inn and for some reason when I load my save game I cannot exit the map.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Have your gathered your party before venturing forth?
  • melnibonianmelnibonian Member Posts: 3
    Yes I have. It was really strange as I could not exit the area no matter what I did. After I have restarted the game it worked.

Strange.....
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Weird, do you have a save before entering the Friendly Arms map? Also do you mean the Friendly Arms Inn itself of the exterior map? You might want to just go ahead and attach the saved game that is stuck now before someone goes ahead and asks for it.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    On a slightly related note, that place needs a back gate. Or we need that improved pathfinding. Whichever.
    @Hudzy That's what Control+J is for. Go Go Cheat Mode.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    @CaptRory I don't like the temptation of Control+Y taunting me though.
  • melnibonianmelnibonian Member Posts: 3
    It was really strange actually.

Yesterday all load/saves were working fine. Today I had this problem. After I restarted the game all worked fine.

I really cannot understand it.

In any case thank you very much for the help
    @Hudzy To be honest Control+J is the only one I learned,for convenience. Sometimes I cheat in quest items that've become lost too. XD
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Sometimes, it will take a while if two characters arrive at the edge of the map or an exit at the same time. It's a pathfinding issue, I think, when the characters are both trying to stand right on that point, but neither of them can because the other one is in the way and is also trying to push his/her way through. It doesn't end until they stop trying, at which point the exit works as intended.

If that wasn't the case, then disregard this.
  • FeilhävenFeilhäven Member Posts: 13
    The game was trying to tell you that you should stick around the Friendly Arms Inn and grab some more ale from the barkeep. That, or a glitch. Happy you got it solved though. Have a great day!
  • LghtngfanLghtngfan Member Posts: 16
    bengoshi said:

Have your gathered your party before venturing forth?

+1