Skip to content

Anyone play Stasis?

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Saw it on Gog.com and am curious. Anyone try it yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3eKjhTL1Zs

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    A isometric dystopian, sci-fi horror game with a twisted and grotesque story that makes Dead Space seem like a childish halloween prank? Lovely~!

The fact alone that its music was composed by Mark Morgan (as well as Daniel Sadowski) makes it an instant-buy in my book. :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @LiamEsler has been talking about it off and on for the past year or so; I'd guess it's got to be pretty good if he's taking time away from his very busy twitter schedule to talk about it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2015
    Rolls 1d20 to avoid purchasing it out of curiosity.

Fails :)

(Now I just have to wait for my ancient computer to successfully download it)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm intrigued based on that trailer alone. Added to my Steam wishlist :)
    After finally getting some time, I have to say that I really like the vibe of this title. Being a Point-And-Click game makes it much easier to immerse oneself into the game world than, say, a Third-Person-Shooter like Dead Space. :)

Also, can't stop listening to the bone-chilling ingame music !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDywToYQUrw

The menu options however leave much to be desired. The only thing which can be changed are sound volumes and brightness levels. Having no windowed mode, alternative resolutions, or similar 'basics' is really of odd for a new game.
    edited September 2015
    I get the impression its a very small development team (like 3 people).

On top of what you already mentioned I also didn't like how you couldn't skip the opening video. At least I wasn't able to. At a certain point it gets a bit repetitive :)

That said overall I would say I've been impressed by it (but I've only played like 17 minutes of it so its still very early into the game I'm sure).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

Holyeeeeeeeee

Exactly my thought!
    If you guys thought Irenicus and his pods were already bad news... just wait until you see the vats in here. OH GOSH THE VATS!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Holyeeeeeeeee

Exactly my thought!
    If you guys thought Irenicus and his pods were already bad news... just wait until you see the vats in here. OH GOSH THE VATS!
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Stasis is aweeesome. I met the devs at GDC and they're also awesome!
    Has anyone else completed this game? Personally I felt its ending was rather refreshing and unique amongst other game titles. Makes even for a perfect warm-up for Torment: Tides of Numenera as well.

My conclusion: Money well spent, I say! :)
    I haven't had the chance to beat it yet. :)
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm just waiting for a Steam discount.. :)