Skip to content

bard or skald or sorcerer?

2»

Comments

• legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    Guys, i restart with new party

Cavalier, fighter/thief, archer, skald.
    I don't change my mind anymore.

Once again really appreciate to all replies.
  • Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
    Have fun lego!
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Guys, i restart with new party

Cavalier, fighter/thief, archer, skald.
    I don't change my mind anymore.

Once again really appreciate to all replies.

You inspire me a little to do a 3 or 4 character play through of my own, hmm.
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    Ark_Tolei said:

Have fun lego!

Ah! Iast question. Very very sorry!
    When you use fighter/thief multi, do you use single weapon style or two weapon style?
    I can't decide which is better for play with my party.

I try to seach about this matter but there are one post about this. Sorry for annoying but please answer to my last question. It is really last question.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Ark_Tolei said:

Have fun lego!

Ah! Iast question. Very very sorry!
    When you use fighter/thief multi, do you use single weapon style or two weapon style?
    I can't decide which is better for play with my party.

I try to seach about this matter but there are one post about this. Sorry for annoying but please answer to my last question. It is really last question.
    Longswords**
    Longbow**
    Two weapon style**
    Katana**

This takes you to level 12. Doesn't matter much after that. If you enjoy backstabs then put a point in single weapon style as well for the critical backstabs.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    For the record, the War Chant of the Sith isn't the only song to compare to the Skald's. Tymora's Melody adds +3 to all saves, which can make a huge difference when spells are on the screen. IWD has few mages, but using Web on your own party members is very practical with the right saves, even if you don't have Free Action.

Also, the Siren's Yearning is quite capable of disabling many enemies at once. Some critters are immune, and others will make their saves, but IWD enemies come in very large swarms, and area effect disablers can do a lot to mitigate damage and incoming spells and such.

The Skald's song's advantage is in terms of DPS and AC. Other songs can't do what the Skald can do, but the reverse is also true. I've played lots of bards in IWD and there are excellent uses for all of them. I have a no reload run in which changing spells likely saved the run more than once.

The question is not "Is A better than B"; it's "What can A and B do that the other can't?" Often we see so much strength in our preferred tactics that we overlook the value of others. We learn more by searching for ways a tactic can be useful, rather than thinking of reasons to focus on a single tactic.