Skip to content

Supremely lucky natural roll: 94!

Decided to roll up a new mage character and -BAM- got a 94 on the third reroll for stats. I usually just go for like an 87 and am happy with that. I don't think I've ever rolled so highly before. I'm gobsmacked!

I think this is the character I'll be importing into Siege of Dragonspear! :D

Comments

• GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247

[Granted, it took me about 200 rerolls]

Monochrome ego aside, nice luck there! What's your character like, if I may ask? :)
  • laeknirlaeknir Member Posts: 58
    Wow, nice Nimran! :smile:
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I have the cheat console enabled for the mere fact that if I roll something over 90 and click reroll, I just crtl+shift+8 and make sure I have 18 points left, and if it's a non fighter type I will use EE keeper to bring it's strength back down to 18
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    The highest natural roll I've ever gotten in character creation was a 98 with a Gnome Cleric/Illusionist. At least I picked the perfect class to get a high roll with as both Wisdom and Intelligence are nice to have high rolls with.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Congratz on your roll. Always great to get one of those. Never had one so early though, it usually takes 100 rolls or more, hehe..

I think 96 is my absolute best, on a Bard iirc. Got a 94 for my paladin the other day. Adding on BG1 tomes made him a beast so even though it wasn't planned, I had to take him into BG2 just for shits and giggles.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Cg, I skipped twice 95 for my Paladin... felt so mad, then I rolled 97 with 18/98. Took me around 3.5 hours of rolling. Playing her now in BG2 with all the tomes from BG1 feels very god-like. But then, you are a god spawn, so whatever.

Cg, I skipped twice 95 for my Paladin...

Why, too low exceptional STR? It's kinda bold to skip it, hehe..

I wouldn't pass on a 95 whatever the STR score since it's relatively easy to get 19 and you can always use spells/potions in the mean time.

• LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Congratulations! It took me about 1,000 rolls but I got an Invoker with a 97 (what a waste, right?)! 94 in 3 rolls is incredibly lucky because a vanilla mage does't have many minimum stat requirements!
    Lateralus said:

Congratulations! It took me about 1,000 rolls but I got an Invoker with a 97 (what a waste, right?)! 94 in 3 rolls is incredibly lucky because a vanilla mage does't have many minimum stat requirements!

Out of curiousity, how the hell do you keep count of rolls up to ~1000!? :smiley:
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    I always count :smiley: When I made my last Undead Hunter I believe I had more than 1500 rolls to get his stat points close to 100 ( i believe it was 99), but I really wanted good amount of stat points and high strength. I go about 500 (counting to hundreds) rolls and then go do something else. Probably would be easier to use auto roller or a trainer, but meh. Now I don't feel like cheating ;)
    Riderat said:

I always count :smiley: When I made my last Undead Hunter I believe I had more than 1500 rolls to get his stat points close to 100 ( i believe it was 99), but I really wanted good amount of stat points and high strength. I go about 500 (counting to hundreds) rolls and then go do something else. Probably would be easier to use auto roller or a trainer, but meh. Now I don't feel like cheating ;)

That's dedication right there, hehe.. I used to be a roller like you, but then I took and arrow to the index finger.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Highest I've rolled was a 98 on iwd:ee on a blackgaurd.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    I won't spend more than a few minutes rolling, and usually just look for something around 83-85. Having a character with low stats in some ways makes them specialized and adds to the play for me, rather than having a super duper jack of all trades.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate a high roll when it comes. Got a 99 on what must have been the third reroll. I was so surprised and pleased that I decided I would invest a little more in that character than usual. I decided to write a biography.

Mis-clicked 'Start Over'.

Man, my BG playing career is absolutely full of these kind of mistakes.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Skatan said:

Lateralus said:

Out of curiousity, how the hell do you keep count of rolls up to ~1000!? :smiley:
    Easy, I chug a bottle of beer after every roll and then count the bottle caps.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited September 2015
    I rolled a 96 once and I wasn't even trying to create a character. I just wanted to see what kind of skills and abilities a specific multi-class character would end up with. I was looking for a Druid/Fighter, IIRC, and I wasn't sure what weapon proficiencies it would end up with. Needless to say I went with the character.