Skip to content

paws of the cheetah/boots of speed

T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
edited September 2015 in General Modding
I'm looking for a mod which lowers the speed of this item to around 50% of what they were.

I find the original boots just damn fast and it looks too cheesey.

I'm on Android, no access to a computer or I'd figure this out myself.. Fortunately, I have all you awesome individuals to help me! :D

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't have access to my computer, so I can't attach a file (plus I don't have EE), but the speed boosts wouldn't be hard to mod, if anybody's available to tweak a couple files in Near Infinity and attach them to this thread in a .zip file.

The amulet adds 2 to movement rate; it can be cut down to 1. The Boots of Speed use a haste opcode, which doubles movement rate. I think the normal movement rate is 5 or 6, so you could cut down the boots' bonus by replacing the haste opcode with a movement rate modifier (copy it from the amulet, maybe) that adds 3 to movement rate. Net result should be a movement rate of 9 or 10, instead of 14 or 16.

This might have changed with EE, but haste speeds up poison, regeneration, and Blade Barrier/Globe of Blades effects. Weakening the boots would prevent that from happening, which you may not want (sped-up regeneration is pretty wicked).

By the way, T2av, long time no see!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202

I don't have access to my computer, so I can't attach a file (plus I don't have EE), but the speed boosts wouldn't be hard to mod, if anybody's available to tweak a couple files in Near Infinity and attach them to this thread in a .zip file.

The amulet adds 2 to movement rate; it can be cut down to 1. The Boots of Speed use a haste opcode, which doubles movement rate. I think the normal movement rate is 5 or 6, so you could cut down the boots' bonus by replacing the haste opcode with a movement rate modifier (copy it from the amulet, maybe) that adds 3 to movement rate. Net result should be a movement rate of 9 or 10, instead of 14 or 16.

This might have changed with EE, but haste speeds up poison, regeneration, and Blade Barrier/Globe of Blades effects. Weakening the boots would prevent that from happening, which you may not want (sped-up regeneration is pretty wicked).

By the way, T2av, long time no see!

Lol, I apologize for all that. thanks for your reply as well.
    semiticgoddesslolien
  • According to the description of the Amulet of Cheetah Speed, base movement rate is 10. Poking around in NI, The Paws of the Cheetah is classed as a movement rate increase (as opposed to a haste effect; I seem to remember this being an EE change) that sets your movement rate to 200% (of base? of current? not sure).

Try unzipping this file into your override folder and see how that suits you. It should replace the boots of speed with a version that sets movement to 150% (assuming I actually know what I'm doing).
    T2av
  • Bah, I think I saved that wrong and I can't replace the file, try this one.
    T2avlolien
    Kaigen said:

Bah, I think I saved that wrong and I can't replace the file, try this one.

Thank you very much.. I'll give it a shot and get back to you
    edited September 2015
    Kaigen said:

Bah, I think I saved that wrong and I can't replace the file, try this one.

Very good! Works like a charm. You sir are a scholar! Thanks!
    loliensemiticgoddess[Deleted User]