Skip to content

Dialogue loop in BJAHEIR.dlg

IF WEIGHT #38 ~ Global("JaheiraMatch","GLOBAL",1)
Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",70)
Global("JaheiraNookie","GLOBAL",1)
!StateCheck(Player1,STATE_SLEEPING)
~ THEN BEGIN 417 // from:
SAY #27749 /* ~Good morning! Shall we get ourselves ready for the road? We've much to do, so we should get an early start.~ [JAHEIRB9] */
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #27762 /* ~Jaheira? About last night...~ */ DO ~RealSetGlobalTimer("TerminselAppear","GLOBAL",3600)
SetGlobal("TerminselSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
~ GOTO 422
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #27765 /* ~Are you ready for travel? I don't think you slept much.~ */ DO ~RealSetGlobalTimer("TerminselAppear","GLOBAL",3600)
SetGlobal("TerminselSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
~ GOTO 423
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 422 // from: 417.0
SAY #27766 /* ~Shhh, nothing to be said. Let's get going now.~ */
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 423 // from: 417.1
SAY #27767 /* ~Neither did you, so pipe down. Let's get going.~ */
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

There is no switch to prevent this dialogue from repeating...and it does.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @nullset how often are you seeing the repeat and are you using Ctrl/I.

If not using Ctrl/I, could you zip and attach a save please.
    Thanks
  • nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    Sorry about that. The problem is that my game uses many mods and I am tinkering with the timings. However, having checked the original unmodified dlgs and bcs's, I have identified the problem, and it pervades the whole Jaheira love story. The problem is essentially that the LoveTalk LOCALS counter is not maintained like every love talk sequence I have seen, where every talk starts at a counter number and terminates by incrementing that counter, from which subsequent action takes place. In the Jaheira sequence, many talks use the counter number without updating it and the love talks, in addition to Dermin, Terminsel, and Raviane sequences, are predicated on the same number that was used to initiate the love talk. If the other timers have not expired (and there is at least one for each character), the love talk repeats when Jaheira dialogue is called for. I suggest that the entire Jaheira sequence be brought back into line with standard practice for love talk counters. This would produce a much more solid and reliable control setup. I realize, of course, that this would be a pain-in-the-ass, but there you are.