Skip to content

IWDification

Hey,
I just tried to install IWDification( http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwdification/ ) and everything workes well and fine in BG2ee but I can't seem to get it to work in BGee :(

I get the new spells and they work but none of them have descriptions and show up like this:

Since I'm not getting this in BG2ee I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong or missing something, anyone used this mod before and had the same problem but managed to fix it? Anyone knows what's wrong?

I was really looking forward to a full playthrough with additional druid spells and I would love to get it to work in BGee :(

Comments

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I haven't used the mod myself, but you might wanna try posting this in the modding subforum as well
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    The version of WeiDU shipped with this mod is obsolete.

Try downloading the latest version of WeiDU here, then

1) unzip and just move weidu.exe in your BG:EE main folder (you don't need the other files in the archive)
    2) uninstall the mod
    3) delete the file setup-iwdification.exe
    4) rename weidu.exe as setup-iwdification.exe
    5) reinstall
    elminsterDullSkullTheSecondDragonspearJuliusBorisov
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    It worked o.o

Thank you so much! How come it worked in bg2ee though?
    DragonspearErg

How come it worked in bg2ee though?

My guess is that you have at least another setup-modname.exe file, from some other mod, in the BGII:EE folder.

In that case, WeiDU automatically updates the older ones to match the version of the most recent of those present in the folder.
    DullSkullTheSecondJuliusBorisov
    Erg said:

How come it worked in bg2ee though?

My guess is that you have at least another setup-modname.exe file, from some other mod, in the BGII:EE folder.

In that case, WeiDU automatically updates the older ones to match the version of the most recent of those present in the folder.
    Yes that is it, many thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    For future reference, seeing a message like "Invalid:(some number)" indicates a dialog.tlk issue. In the early version of the games, that file used to be in the main game directory, but the EE versions have moved it into the Lang folders. That means older mods may not know where to find it in order to make changes to it, resulting in errors like that. It is possible to move that file from the Lang folder to the main game folder so that older mods can find and update it. Then afterwards you just move it back to the Lang folder.
    Belanos said:

It is possible to move that file from the Lang folder to the main game folder so that older mods can find and update it. Then afterwards you just move it back to the Lang folder.

@Belanos, this is bad advice.

Moving that file is not required if WeiDU is up to date, and you should always keep WeiDU up to date, because the older versions aren't just unable to properly locate dialog.tlk, they have other bugs too.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2015
    Well I didn't really know what I was doing so I just made a copy of it and pasted in in the main folder. Seem to work well? Only encountered one strange thing in game and that was that the fire giant in watchers keep was missing...

Will use the updated version of weidu when I'm finished with my current run.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.