Skip to content

Clean Slate

The user and all related content has been deleted.
VallmyrdunbarJuliusBorisovlolienKilivitzSkatan

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Strange you should say that now, I did exactly that yesterday with all my BG1EE false starts. I had many interesting, but totally impractical, charname/party concepts on the go but none of them had crystallised into anything that really grabbed my imagination.
    So I've just started completely afresh, with ToB in the forefront of my mind as the endgame - I know how I want to play it, I just need to build a party that suits my playing 'style' as opposed to one that ticks all the walkthrough boxes.
    JuliusBorisovlolien[Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Interesting that you mention it, because for many players ( @Mirage comes to mind) losing all characters and saved games would mean a disaster.

I usually don't delete anything, even if I'm certain I won't continue with this or that character.
    lolienMirage
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    My 'delete frenzy' was prompted by a very traumatic encounter with dragons: I had just about managed to time-stop Draconis to death when I came up against a brick wall called Abigail (or something like that). After two days (on and off) of banging my head against said brick wall I reluctantly used ctrl-y just to see how I would fare against The Beastly Beatitudes of Balthazar B (it's a book by J.P.Donleavy) - only to get my backside kicked again, and again, and again......

......until I realised that I just wasn't good enough to win this particular battle - at least not the way I play. I was carrying a lot of dead weight, not just in terms of party members but also under-utilised weapons and spells. I decided that I needed a fitter, meaner, more efficient party and a different mindset on my part. So that is why I decided to make a completely fresh start. I'll still play a fighter-heavy party but with more emphasis on protecting my arcane caster (maybe even two) and less reliance on random brute force, amongst other things.
    [Deleted User]
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I could see myself doing this in the future, but I'm sure I'd cheat and keep a .7z file of all the old stuff somewhere.
    Skatan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I do something different, when I am bored or unsure about a playthrough, I transfer the save game into multiplayer sace folder, so my normal save states are empty. There is no clutter. The save game stays there away from my eyes untilI I start a new game, and if I feel interested in that playthrough I delete the multiplayer save game I stored earlier. I just can not go back to an old playthrough after being invested in a new one.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]